Mosaic Bark

RomanK

This morning have found a kind of specific bark. It seems like decorticated lepidodendron bark but you can see two thin lepidodendron branch inclusions.

post-814-12528480388402_thumb.jpg

Other remarkable thing is combination of stalk and big leaf. A bit similar to Bruno's example he posted yesterday.

post-814-12528482570857_thumb.jpg

in large

post-814-12528483307792_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK

Nice find, Roman!

On the leaf plate, there are a couple very interesting "feathery" whorls also.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I feel kind of concern after posting of my specimen.

post-814-1252943640072_thumb.jpg

What probability is that three thin lepidodendron branches get just in three consistent furrows at the stem bark?? Quite low.

post-814-12529439610448_thumb.jpg

If possibility is quite low what is it

post-814-12529440649473_thumb.jpg

Somebody has any explanation?

Romank, very interesting question you pose--certainly an interesting picture. I wonder if you are simply seeing some inner level within the bark where alternating leaf scars/vertical ribbing exists? Sounds like a question for Bruno...I wonder if he has seen a similar example. Regards, Chris

Romank, very interesting question you pose--certainly an interesting picture. I wonder if you are simply seeing some inner level within the bark where alternating leaf scars/vertical ribbing exists? Sounds like a question for Bruno...I wonder if he has seen a similar example. Regards, Chris

Hi Chris, possibly you are right, in botanical sense picture I have drawn means nothing. Sometimes you can find unusual thing, it seems the explanation doesn't exist.

Edited by RomanK