real spino tooth?

spinozahner

• New Members

ich will diesen Zahn bye !! gut ist dies ein spinosaurus Zahn oder nicht, und wie ist die Qualität? wieviel ist es wert? btw sind die Bilder nicht von mir

I want to buy that tooth  !!

Well, is this a Spinosaurus  tooth or not, and how is the quality?

How much is it worth?

BTW the pictures are not mine

Google Translate ^^^^

spino2.thumb.jpg.1850a89ca753707778b771e44056f3cf.jpgspino1.thumb.jpg.3d5e563154516e62f5e1a8648123a666.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The middle section is a little questionable.  Might be a composite of two teeth and a matrix/glue mixture used to hide the "crack"

Topic moved to "Is it Real?"

Welcome to the Forum. Please be advised that this is a predominantly English-language forum. ;)

Also, as per forum rules, we do not provide appraisals.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• New Members

hey thx for your help  i am super new here  so next time i will do better ;)

Yup, this seems like a composite of two partial teeth. Both parts are real but a tooth crown was attached to a partial root and the seam was filled in to hide it being a composite. Not a terrible specimen, but there are much better ones.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Here is my take on this the possibility of it being a composite (two different teeth stuck together) for me would be rather low instead I purpose that this particular specimen has been badly extracted and has had a lot of filler (sand and glue) to hide the broken parts. Unless this is very cheap I would avoid.

Hier ist meine Meinung dazu die Möglichkeit, dass es sich um ein Composite (zwei verschiedene Zähne, die zusammengeklebt sind) für mich eher niedrig ist. Stattdessen möchte ich, dass dieses spezielle Exemplar schlecht extrahiert wurde und viel Füller (Sand und Klebstoff) hatte verstecken Sie die zerbrochenen Teile. Wenn dies nicht sehr billig ist, würde ich es vermeiden.

And yes I know to keep to English but for the sake of this individual something they can understand to help them not buy a bad specimen. 

• I found this Informative 1