Persistance Pays Off.

Mango

Stopped at a pond on the way home from work today. This is a small spot at the edge of a pond. I have hit it a few times, and wasnt expecting much. We have had lots of rain, and I thought it might have uncovered something new. It did. I was finding small teeth, some with nice coloring. Almost didn't see this one as I was focused on small teeth. I was very excited. Too bad about the scratch on one side.

How big do they get?

The economy has slowed down my fossil hunting. Not enough new construction around. The rivers and creeks should be uncovering some new stuff now.

post-1351-12530239396011_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Sorry, the pics aren't of the best quality. I will try to find time to get out the light tent, and relax enough to avoid shaky hands. Huge smiles when I found this tooth. Hunting time has been in short supply.

post-1351-12530242579018_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

How big do they get?

Sweet! Any intact Gt. White tooth over 2" is cause for celebration; 3" seems to be the Holy Grail.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great tooth!

Hope all is well.

On a side note one of my buddies bought a trimaran so I told him that if it needed any new windows that I "know a guy" in FL... Not sure yet, but hopefully we can send you a little business.

Owen

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Mango, What is the shell in your Avatar photo? I found some of these recently at a gravel pit. Nice, Nice tooth. I love the coloring.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Great tooth!

Hope all is well.

On a side note one of my buddies bought a trimaran so I told him that if it needed any new windows that I "know a guy" in FL... Not sure yet, but hopefully we can send you a little business.

Owen

Owen, Thanks for thinking of me. Will trade windows for dinosaur parts.

Pentax Optio W60

Mango, What is the shell in your Avatar photo? I found some of these recently at a gravel pit. Nice, Nice tooth. I love the coloring.

I don't know what kind of shell it is. I posted a pic of one a while back that someone id'd, but I cant find it.

There are lots of these shells around the pond where the GW tooth was found. I don't collect shells, but these ones were catching my eye.

Pentax Optio W60

I don't know what kind of shell it is. I posted a pic of one a while back that someone id'd, but I cant find it.

There are lots of these shells around the pond where the GW tooth was found. I don't collect shells, but these ones were catching my eye.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6616&st=0&p=74080&fromsearch=1entry74080

Nice tooth, by the way.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png