Some New Megs

megateeth

I have had company in town which was great but the diving has been a bit slow. I did get out this weekend and this is what I found Sat and Sun.

Sat: I found a good number of nicer teeth. The nicest was the 5" tooth in the second and third photos. I could not believe the visibility. When the current was running hard I had between 6-8 inches with my light which is VERY good. It is nice to be able to see something for once.

post-1309-12530479750299_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12530479942511_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12530480049462_thumb.jpg

Sun: The vis was really good again. The water was noticeably cooler though. It is funny how a drop from 82 deg to 78 deg can feel cooler but I was pretty cold when I got to the boat after my second dive. All in all I guess four hours underwater in 78 degree water can cool you down in a thin suit. I hate the thought of moving to a heavier suit but that day is coming soon.

These were the four nicest teeth that I found Sunday. The largest tooth was just over 6" and a really fat tooth.

post-1309-12530480150056_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12530480240481_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12530480405712_thumb.jpg

8" vis is "really good"? I'm surprised you haven't evolved an echo-locating ability!

You make it seem so easy to knock down stupid-big Megs...(I know full well that what you do is anything but easy, but to an old beach collector in the throes of a fit of envy....)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

8" vis is "really good"? I'm surprised you haven't evolved an echo-locating ability!

You make it seem so easy to knock down stupid-big Megs...(I know full well that what you do is anything but easy, but to an old beach collector in the throes of a fit of envy....)

Thanks all. It seems easy at times. 8" is good for this time of year. In the winter it gets better but usually in the summer the light just glows around you but you can not see anything.

Do you find only megs, or are there other species?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I do usually find a couple of Mako teeth a day. I find more when the water is clear enough to see them. I also find a hemi once in awhile. I almost never find great white teeth and I have never found an ang or ric.

Do you find only megs, or are there other species?

Coco