Carboniferous Flora From North Euramerica Continent 10

docdutronc

Bruno..... I think your use of the word 'Choice' for these specimens is an understatement.... they are *^*~* \o/ FABULOUS \o/ *~*^* ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Bruno..... This is top draw preservation for this period..... Quality wise, Ive never ever seen anything like it, they are so crisp... you could of cast those yesterday from modelling clay..... never mind 300 million years old.... Fantastic stuff.....keep them coming..... ;)

Bruno, contined amazement and awe here! Spectacular specimens. I was going to say print the book now...but I'm not sure I could come close to affording it with all of your recent pictures and the volumes of the old ones. Maybe a hardcopy is now out of the question and only an ebook via download is appropriate... ..... Thanks for the continued marvelous postings. Regards, Chris

Another Sigillaria Sigillaria elegans,the structure honeycomb is so perfect it is my favorite specie !

some Syringodendron ,sigillaria decortications ,these species have wide ribs ....

post-967-12567556444255_thumb.jpg

post-967-1256755776283_thumb.jpg

post-967-12567558089094_thumb.jpg

Hi Bruno, loved the elegans photos...

It's striking to see how many different species existing and now extinct have incorporated that hexagonal pattern into their structure. I havent found a Sigillaria yet, maybe some day, but I have found some of the various corals using the pattern, but my favorite that I found was a very small Cretaceous trace fossil called Paleodictyon. I think the specimen I found is still at the Geology Dept of my old school in California and I unfortunately dont have a photo. But here's a link of what they looked like...imagine an animal/worm beneath sediment somehow creating hexagonal burrows...pretty wild stuff?? At least the plant was out in daylight and could see what it was doing... :D

http://www.agiweb.org/geotimes/dec02/technology.html

Regards, Chris

Edited by Plantguy

I also found a coral in Devonian levels,Hexagonaria who has incoporated the hexagonal pattern....,another Sigillaria elegans showing

strobus scars ....

post-967-12568018859158_thumb.jpg

post-967-12568019260955_thumb.jpg

Bruno.... wonderful specimens.... Your right Sigillaria is a beautiful pattern in its many forms....

• 5 weeks later...

This afternoon I found on the heap a sigillaria barks without ribs ,part ( syringodendron )and counterpart ,this is not usual in this field, mostly the sigillaria are ribbed....,these two samples are 25 centimeters tall.....

bruno

post-967-1259433437214_thumb.jpg

post-967-12594334838664_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I see that you have been busy!!

Not too much snow there yet?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I see that you have been busy!!

Not too much snow there yet?

Hi Auspex

Cold yes, but not yet snow .....

post-967-12608619528648_thumb.jpg

post-967-1260862010359_thumb.jpg

Bruno..... fantastic fossils as usual!.... is that a cyclopteris in the last images?

Bruno..... fantastic fossils as usual!.... is that a cyclopteris in the last images?

Hi Steve

No is it not a cyclopteris leave but a bothrodendron scar ,part and counterpart like that......,you showed me a cast very similar some time ago, it seems ....!!!!!

post-967-12608717801202_thumb.jpg

post-967-12608719908771_thumb.jpg

Bruno..... Very similar and interesting to see..... not a common find I would imagine.... and nice to have the counterpart..... well done.... :)

Hi Doc,

Your Sigillaria are marvelous ! What nice specimens ! I love them !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg