New species of Maastrichtian, Palaeocorystoid crab, North Carolina, USA

20 hours ago, piranha said:

Crab.gif

Congrats!

Well, thank you! Love the dan'cn crabby! Awesome!

Libby

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

18 hours ago, MB said:

Fantastic !!! :goodjob:

MB! Oh, my. You are a major part of the  project the whole way my friend! Thank you again so much, Alex. We would not have this if not for you and others! 

Libby 

• I found this Informative 1

16 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Very nice, congratulations!

Thank you so much Eric!

Libby  

13 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Great find and even greater is the donation you made to science!!! Definitely take digit's hint. As for the link, am I the only one having difficulty accessing the PDF?

Thank you very much minnbuckeye! I shall take his hint! :) Habe a great evening.

Libby

12 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Amazing find - that's a wonderful contribution you've made to paleontology!!

-Christian

Thank you so much! I am happy to know that is shall be forever archived at the NCMNS. So special.

Libby

11 hours ago, Plax said:

Good to get the history Libby. Thanks! I hadn't realized it was on the forum first. Should have known. I was only remembering me seeing it on a windy, rainy day on Oleander in Wilmington where we met in a parking lot. A great memory!

Hi Don!  Yes, that day will always be dear to me. I was so apprehensive about sharing the carapace, then after we talked and visited,  then I talked to George, it all fell in to  place. That day was the beginning of the little carapaces's travel's. I shall never forget that day! Thank you so much for your paleontology help, your research, co-authoring the paper and friendship! 

Libby

• I found this Informative 3

12 hours ago, fossilnut said:

Congratulations nice find and followup. Happy New Year 2019.

Thank you so much! 

Libby

12 hours ago, MikeR said:

...and @Plax is a coauthor as well!

OH YES! 

Libby

11 hours ago, digit said:

The link Libby posted above seems to be working for me. Unfortunately, the PDF seems to be behind a paywall. I don't mind people using the internet for commercial purposes but I am devout in my opinion that scientific papers should always be made available to the public at no cost. Perhaps Libby has a copy she might send to you via PM if you are interested.

Cheers.

-Ken

Hi Ken, I was doing as I was told to do in respect to the publishers. Let me contact the authors and see if there is a way to figure this out. I really want the article to be shared. I thought the link would take readers directly to it. There are glitches along the way.

Libby

10 hours ago, masonboro37 said:

Hi Don!  Yes, that day will always be dear to me. I was so apprehensive about sharing the carapace, then after we talked and visited,  then I talked to George, it all fell in to  place. That day was the beginning of the little carapaces's travel's. I shall never forget that day! Thank you so much for your paleontology help, your research, co-authoring the paper and friendship! 

Libby

Finding and recognizing the crab as something was all on you Libby. Nothing happens without your willingness to participate and share your information. No specimen = no paper!

Glad to see the paper finally published Libby. 

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

Congrats Libby, that's pretty awesome:fistbump::yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

13 hours ago, sixgill pete said:

Glad to see the paper finally published Libby. 

Thank you my dear friend! We have to get thinking about some fossil trips. 

Libby

7 hours ago, jcbshark said:

Congrats Libby, that's pretty awesome:fistbump::yay-smiley-1:

Hey! Thank you so much! Looking forward to more of your posts. Water getting kinda low in your area to go hunt? Always love Your finds. Enjoy the new year! :)

Libby

21 hours ago, masonboro37 said:

Hey! Thank you so much! Looking forward to more of your posts. Water getting kinda low in your area to go hunt? Always love Your finds. Enjoy the new year! :)

Libby

Thanks Libby, same to you:D it's been an unusually wet winter so far but have been supplementing with some construction site hunting and doing fairly well 

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!