New Member Near Pittsburgh, Pa

Schmoo

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here from Greensburg, Pennsylvania. I've been a photojournalist here for ten years and I have always been fascinated by fossils. A recent find has rekindled my interest so I suppose that I'm a newbie looking for advice on preparation and identification techniques and links to other resources. Again, hello and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing here on this forum.

Welcome to the forum.

I am from Brooklyn, NY - not so far from you. Hope you find lots of info here. What was that recent fossil find? what kind of fossils are you interested in?

I posted a description of the find in the Questions & Answers section of the forum. My fossil interests stem from a shale pile near our home when I was in first grade. It was full of leaf and bark imprints and they made an early impression on me. I suppose that I don't have any real direction or specific fossil interests at this time, but my oldest daughter, who is newly five, is obsessed with dinosaurs and fossils. If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she'll tell you that she wants to be the one that puts the dinosaurs together in the museum. I really need to get her to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh once the T. Rex is officially up.

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here from Greensburg, Pennsylvania. I've been a photojournalist here for ten years and I have always been fascinated by fossils. A recent find has rekindled my interest so I suppose that I'm a newbie looking for advice on preparation and identification techniques and links to other resources. Again, hello and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing here on this forum.

Welcome aboard! :)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Well welcome to the forum I think you'll enjoy it, we have a lot of good members that know a lot about fossils.