Diving In Venice Beach Fl

earthdog

My girlfriend and I became scuba certified in June of '09. We got certified for the purpose of hunting Megalodon teeth, but have discovered that scuba is a fantastic hobby in and of itself. This weekend we did 4 dives with Aristakat Charters.

http://aristakatcharters.yolasite.com

There is a cool video on his main page that shows diving in Venice on a day with good visibility. Captain Jamie Bostwick is a great guy and he runs a great charter service. We're always very happy when we're diving with Aristakat Charters.

This banged up Megalodon tooth was my biggest meg tooth find to date. As some would say on ebay, it has some enamel peel and some feeding damage. ha ha, jk. It isn't a pretty tooth, but it still gives me the satisfaction that I brought up a 5 incher. What a great beast the animal that originally owned this tooth must have been. I wish I could have time lapse video footage sped up of the millions of years of wear and tear the tooth received, and see how the landscape around it changed from when it first dropped out of the Meg's mouth. My previous largest was a 3" just as beat up tooth. Finding a 6+ inch tooth in good or great condition is in my future.

There are so many whale and dugong bones down there. I pick them up looking for predation marks, but haven't found any shark bite scratches or gouges in the bones yet. I would like some of that in my collection.

post-1278-1254087172611_thumb.jpg

post-1278-12540871840499_thumb.jpg

post-1278-12540871967407_thumb.jpg

Nice finds.Sure beats standing on the beach with one of those mesh sifters.nothing but broken and surf worn lemon teeth.

Keep at it and you most likely will pull up another big one :) I wish I had my own scuba gear :wub: That would be great. I'm certified though :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.