Moroccan Atlas and Sahara.

Tidgy's Dad

I am leaving  tomorrow for a five day trip to explore some of the Moroccan Middle, High and Anti-Atlas Mountains and parts of the Sahara.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

If I seem a bit overexcited, it's because I am.

This will be my first Moroccan collecting trip since the TB struck me in 2011/12. 

I won't be posting on a day by day basis, i don't think, as my laptop stays here and wifey's phone thing is beyond me. However, wifey's presence for the first time on one of my trips will enable me to take photos for the first time ever. I hope. 

A past student of mine who is a tour guide here is driving, along with his brother, because he gets asked geological questions a lot by the tourists and hasn't a clue. So in return for free accommodation and transport I have to teach a little basic Moroccan geology. I think I'll have to pay for the booze and fossils though. But I'm hoping to find more than I buy! 

So many, I hope, that I'll fill the 4x4 with them and wifey and the brother will have to walk home.

Wish me luck, full trip details to follow when i am able. :)

• I found this Informative 23

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Brilliant I wish I could go with you mate. Have a great time and please bring me a Dinosaurs back .  Take great  care of yourselfs all best Bobby    :envy:

• I found this Informative 1

Hi,

Have a nice trip Tidgyt's Dad ! And bring back a lot of pics and fossils !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

27 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I am leaving  tomorrow for a five day trip to explore some of the Moroccan Middle, High and Anti-Atlas Mountains and parts of the Sahara.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

If I seem a bit overexcited, it's because I am.

This will be my first Moroccan collecting trip since the TB struck me in 2011/12. 

I won't be posting on a day by day basis, i don't think, as my laptop stays here and wifey's phone thing is beyond me. However, wifey's presence for the first time on one of my trips will enable me to take photos for the first time ever. I hope. 

A past student of mine who is a tour guide here is driving, along with his brother, because he gets asked geological questions a lot by the tourists and hasn't a clue. So in return for free accommodation and transport I have to teach a little basic Moroccan geology. I think I'll have to pay for the booze and fossils though. But I'm hoping to find more than I buy! 

So many, I hope, that I'll fill the 4x4 with them and wifey and the brother will have to walk home.

Wish me luck, full trip details to follow when i am able. :)

Enjoy your trip, I hope you both have a great time :)

Good luck, have fun and find me something nice! :D

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Good luck Adam. 

Be safe, and enjoy!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Have fun and good luck, I'll be anticipating a trip report with much excitement!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

This is great I am sure you will have an amazing trip, can't wait for the photos. Stay safe and I hope you will find a lots of nice fossils. I don't blame you for being exited I would be jumping from joy as well :)

Enjoy the field trip! Hope you find some wonderful fossils :D

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Brilliant I wish I could go with you mate. Have a great time and please bring me a Dinosaurs back .  Take great  care of yourselfs all best Bobby    :envy:

Not sure we'll be in dinosaur territory this time, my friend, but I'll see what's for sale at the roadside stalls or what they've cobbled together in Erfoud. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Ok .... I think we need to have a serious discussion of my ability to fit in your luggage.

We can do this !!

Heavy-Luggage.gif.14b533088ed08b9307846a65d9e236b7.gif

Have fun .... 

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Not sure we'll be in dinosaur territory this time, my friend, but I'll see what's for sale at the roadside stalls or what they've cobbled together in Erfoud. :)

Ah thanks have a wonderful time and can’t wait to see your photos. :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Ok .... I think we need to have a serious discussion of my ability to fit in your luggage.

We can do this !!

Have fun .... 

You'd be most welcome.

And it's fine as wifey will be carrying the luggage. ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

I wish you the best Adam! I hope you and your wife have a great time, and find lots of goodies. Of course I will expect a very detailed report full of pictures from all the sites to see and all of your wonderous finds.:popcorn:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Tidgy's Dad Now it's my turn. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: One for each day and an extra one for good measure. Have a great time! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Ha de ha!:D

Thanks, Roger. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.