Mid-winter plants

Kasia

6 hours ago, Adam86cucv said:

@Kasia

Nice plant finds.  There are some sites a few hours north of me I'd like to check out in the near future, I've only been saying that for a few years. :wacko:

And I've been envious of @nala's Carboniferous finds for quite a time :) , so eventually I decided to get some on my own. Good luck with your hunt!

7 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Kasia     Very nice fossils. I wish more members would post pictures of plants. One question for you. I found the coal mines you hunted on Google Earth. I then looked around the area and saw  a woods just north of Gliwice that appeared to have "crop circles " in the forest. Any idea what I am seeing????

Mike

Thanks Mike. Can you please PM me a print-screen of the place you found on Google Earth? I don't know Silesia region that well, I wouldn't like to mislead you.

9 hours ago, deutscheben said:

70 kg, wow! That is a sizeable haul.Thank you for sharing, lovely fossils and a very dramatic landscape. 

Thanks.

Some of the pieces weigh 4 or 5 kg, so the total is really big :) Fortunately I parked the car reasonably close to the heap, so I "delivered" them to the car in two batches. Anyway, after this trip I will certainly run out of place in the storage :)

IMG_20190217_184421.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, Adam86cucv said:

This piqued my interest so I took a look at a map of the area.  It appears to be Las Łabędzki which is a National Forest.  From people's reviews on Google it seems like it used to be a tank testing grounds and it might be closed to the public.  

Testing fish tanks? ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Hi Kasia!

Thanks for taking us along on your recent hunt for fossil plants!  You've found a beautiful variety of plants - congrats!!!

Monica

Beautifull! Any idea what that seed is in the first set of pictures?

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

6 hours ago, Monica said:

Hi Kasia!

Thanks for taking us along on your recent hunt for fossil plants!  You've found a beautiful variety of plants - congrats!!!

Monica

5 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Kasia, hope this helps:

DSC_0355-002.thumb.JPG.0cc0762a74d7baf32fc68a386faa43c8.JPG 

DSC_0354-001.thumb.JPG.2365e908210b9eb81cecd32f2e938bcc.JPG

Hi, it is a closed and fenced military area - I stayed in the hostel at Toszecka street, which is actually very near and I saw it. Looks like a forest, but every now and then there are boards with "access prohibited" sign and information about potential unexploded ordnances. 

1 hour ago, I_gotta_rock said:

Beautifull! Any idea what that seed is in the first set of pictures?

Thanks - no idea. Actually I am going to post some pictures from this site in the fossil ID section, including the (probably) seed :) 

30 minutes ago, Kasia said:

Thanks - no idea. Actually I am going to post some pictures from this site in the fossil ID section, including the (probably) seed :) 

I'm pretty sure I have some a lot like it. Just don't know what they are, either.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

22 hours ago, nala said:

It only took me more than ten years to find one sample,but it's always fascinating to split a carboniferous rock for me and find new imprints,ask me if you need few ID!

I will post the pictures in the ID section, so your expertise will be required for sure :)

• I found this Informative 1