Anyone Up For A St. Clair Trip This Weekend?

Shamalama

Who would like to Peruse Pensylvanina's Peerless Periodic Pennsylvanian Precipitates to Procure Prolific Petrified Plants? (I dare ya to say that five times fast!) :o Looks like the weather will be cool but hopefully dry.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I'm busy for this month, but would love to join you in November. Of course, if the FF Calvert Cliffs trip for 9/10 doesn't happen, I'll be free then....

Who would like to Peruse Pensylvanina's Peerless Periodic Pennsylvanian Precipitates to Procure Prolific Petrified Plants? (I dare ya to say that five times fast!) :o Looks like the weather will be cool but hopefully dry.

I would but I work Saturdays. Perhaps another time and another place. :)

The last time I went up there I went with Obsessed1 and Tuscarora (whom, I haven't heard from for awhile) :(. I left a nice section of trunk (I'm not kidding)up there though. As you walk down the hill it is on one of the boulders there close to the tree line. We didn't turn left to follow the other path that leads you right to the ferns so I don't know exactly where it is but it was somewhere to the left. I didn't have the heart to break it out. It was at least 4 feet across and I figured I'd just end up shattering it to bits :(

Here is a link to the trip report

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7023&view=&hl=clair&fromsearch=1

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I'd love to join you what day are you going? I also have a god spot in that area you might not have been to yet.

Edited by n30c

I'd love to join you what day are you going? I also have a god spot in that area you might not have been to yet.

I was thinking Saturday around 10-11am? I'm headed to the parking spot just beyond the gun range.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Man, I'd jump on that but I have to head down state DE. Helping family. I do intend to hit a spot down there I've heard of, Dagsboro DE. Pepper Creek. Do some construction and then hit the creek. I also wanted to get in on the Calvert Trip, but I have a talk to do at Orvis that weekend.

I'd like to meet some of you guys. A friend recenty hit the C&D canal. didn't find much but got a case of chiggers that kept him out of work for a day. I hate those little buggers.

Yeah, I stay away from the D+E unless it's had a freeze or two. I never realized why it was so wide and the bridges so high until a HUGE cargo ship quietly slipped up the canal. Biggest ship I'd ever seen (although I do tend to stay away from the ocean). :rolleyes:

Well, I'm going to keep my eye on the weather and if it's not raining then I'll be up there. Just look for a red Prius and that'd be me. :)

Edited by Shamalama

-Dave