Mazon Creek Collecting or the Joy of Instant Gratification- Choose Wisely

Nimravis

These 3 pieces that upon first look yesterday I thought my be partial shark teeth, appear to be inarticulate brachiopods.

20190309110910.thumb.jpg.55395c74827afc99d8cc4a5f3d5f3d50.jpg20190309111206.thumb.jpg.1ed3ad16a862aaa0e4cbe81520f5eb99.jpg20190309111454.thumb.jpg.646b7dd1d029bdd5d6cbc8547b2d57bb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, deutscheben said:

Another beautiful Peripristis! :envy: I love the nautiloid too, it is more complete than any of the ones I have found there. I think you made a good choice in destination. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Amazing finds, Ralph, a lovely range of brachiopods and the shark's tooth and nautiloid are also rather yummy. 

But golly, some of those brachiopods are wonderful. :wub:

Thanks Adam

3 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@NimravisI must be in one of those moods where I need to tease someone. I just joked about Mazon jellyfish on another post. I had better quit typing today or I may create some enemies!

Believe me, you won't make an enemy here.

3 hours ago, Auspex said:

A natural history library where all the books are laying open at an interesting page.;)

I agree, that is what it is like.

Brilliant finds! I've also had what I thought were fish remains turn out to be inarticulate brachiopods, they have a lovely glossy lustre!

6 hours ago, Archie said:

Brilliant finds! I've also had what I thought were fish remains turn out to be inarticulate brachiopods, they have a lovely glossy lustre!

Thanks Archie

8 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Awesome tooth, Ralph!

Thanks, hopefully one of these times it will be complete.

Very cool finds Ralph! I probably would've chosen the same thing as you (mainly because I'm very impatient when it comes to fossils), and it seems like it was definitely the right choice! Seeing shark teeth that old does not happen often!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

6 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Very cool finds Ralph! I probably would've chosen the same thing as you (mainly because I'm very impatient when it comes to fossils), and it seems like it was definitely the right choice! Seeing shark teeth that old does not happen often!

Thanks Max

Wow... How many more trips like this are you gonna show?  You guys out east have all the good sites. Of course the dino people will disagree with me, but to me those are all east, too!

4 hours ago, ynot said:

Nice finds. Sounds like You had lots of fun.

It’s always good to get out Tony.

2 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Wow... How many more trips like this are you gonna show?  You guys out east have all the good sites. Of course the dino people will disagree with me, but to me those are all east, too!

I have a few more that I am planning to different places. I would love to do some stuff out West, I feel you guys have better fossils.

The grass is always greener...............................

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

The grass is always greener...............................

Where the animals leave manure? :ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Adam86cucv said:

Where the animals leave manure? :ighappy:

Where Leprechaun's paint it. 

(the grass, not the manure) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I’d say you did pretty good! I like how you freed some of those brachs from the matrix. My favorite way to collect them :) 

• I found this Informative 1