T-Rex Still Up For Grabs

va paleo

Thanks for the update Dinosaur50

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks for the update Dinosaur50

Darn Seldom, I'm still waiting for you to loan me that money so I can put a bid in on that! :P

Wow, he got more than $400k for a Xiphactinus.

Hmmmmm...

Well, you're sitting pretty for retirement! :P:D

Anyone here offer cash advances?

When I become a millionaire(It will happen)first thing I'm doing is buying a Woolly Mammoth Skeleton and having it articulated in my giant fossil room....ah what a dream!

Don't bother. I've heard that 'samson' is mostly fake, and there's a big legal issue surrounding the specimen.

Bobby

xi - your fossil is beyond cool, and beyond value, and the effort you put into it means that it's a large piece of yourself, too.

nicholas - the mammoth fossil room is a dream i share, but in dreaming big, i'd like to have extra resources to do a large, self-sustaining museum that could display whatever i personally chose to display and wouldn't be dependent on outside revenue.

and since i'm dreaming, it would be part of a baseball stadium.

nicholas - the mammoth fossil room is a dream i share, but in dreaming big, i'd like to have extra resources to do a large, self-sustaining museum that could display whatever i personally chose to display and wouldn't be dependent on outside revenue.

and since i'm dreaming, it would be part of a baseball stadium.

Sounds like a good dream to me. Although I don't like Baseball :P

i saw samson in pittsburgh in the lab i saw the skull it not mostly fake i know some of the ppl that worked on it thier

Edited by va paleo

Guest solius symbiosus

Don't bother. I've heard that 'samson' is mostly fake, and there's a big legal issue surrounding the specimen.

Bobby

Perhaps, that had something to do with why it did not sale???

Well... it depends upon if they're mounted with all the missing elements or not. While it may make the museum's display piece multicolored or less pretty, I'm a huge fan of painting sculpted elements or parts a different color from the bone; at the very least, museums can have a placard showing the missing elements.

As far as rexes go - T. rex skeletons are pretty dang common - there are more T. rex skeletons (by far) than Triceratops skeletons (hard to believe, I know). In fact, it's actually one of the most common dinosaur found preserved as a skeleton in the Hell Creek. In accordance, it is one of the most well known theropods (literally, in terms of morphology I mean). Nearly complete skeletons include Sue, MOR's Wankel T. rex, AMNH 5027, Black Beauty, Stan, and whatever it is at the museum in Colorado doing a high kick (which may just be the AMNH specimen). Most of these guys have the missing bones casted from other specimens.

Bobby