FossilNoob6969

Hello. I'm Robbie from NY. I got to the fossil identification forum before this one. Had much luck in my backyard at my first few days hunting and needed some identification. I'm extremely new to this. Hope to make friends and learn a lot. Todays find: any idea what that alien footprint might be?

20190323_165137(1).jpg

Welcome to TFF from Penn Dixie and WNY! I'm on my phone right now so I can't get a real good look at your photo, but I see a lot in this hash plate. There are some nice brachiopods there, and a few other interesting bits. I'll try to weigh in when I get to a computer, but I'm guessing others will have it solved before that happens.

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Welcome to the forum from New York!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from not New York. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome from Northern California!  Not too sure about the “footprint.”  Looks vaguely like it could be the impression remaining from a crinoid crown looking down from the top after the crinoid is gone. The little circles around the periphery would have been where the arms were.   But others will have better ideas.

Welcome to TFF ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library