A Burning Road And The Dead Cow‏

JohnJ

For those that do not have "tracking" devices on my vehicle, or Dan's, :P you can read about our latest adventure in A Burning Road and The Dead Cow. Thanks for taking a look.

post-420-12548632557978_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

i thought for a minute that you were going to have dan take the paleoknife and cut up the snake with it and tenderize the meat with the mosavert and then eat it raw like sushi.

that's what me and tj woulda done.

<smiling sarcastically>

:P

good story.

You guys are unbelievable. I love the video presentation. Congrats on the fantastic finds. I gotta move. Great shot of the cottonmouth. I still can't believe the stuff you guys come up with.

Where you gonna move to? So much good poop to be found all over the state and beyond...

Edited by danwoehr

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

You are very good at writing detailed trip reports. Great finds and keep the reports

coming!

Welcome to the forum!

Take me! Take me!!!

Grüße,

I am so jealous! Reading your adventure almost makes me want to ditch work and go on a month long fossiling trip! I can do without the snakes though :)

somehow the thought of john and dan heading out on a foray makes me want to want to frantically dial 911. i can picture them blazing through the bush so fast that poison ivy vaporizes from friction heat as they zoom by it. snakes all snap at them and hurt themselves when their mouths snap shut on where the feet were.

i was going to go on and on with this, but i'm already tired.

WOW Guys..... Check that blade out..... are these places so remote that this material just sits there for years, or os it regularily washed out in floods etc from the embankments...Thanks for the video......

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

....and thus we've touched upon the secret of success.....go where others don't

Grüße,

Two words: "Author's Advance".

Think about it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice finds!

John, im gonna send you a package, just toss it in your trunk and forget about it! ;).

I gotta find some flint like that! Its crazy how the arent covered by the river sludge.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Trips are not always successful in terms of Finds, but there is always an opportunity for me to learn something new.

Lpiney - probably; location, context and flaking appear to match.

Jax - no problem...it's in the vehicle that stays at home. :(

(Nate and Harry - thanks for the "diagnosis")

WOW those are some nice artifacts. I wish i could go there! All i have is a few little junky arrow heads.

post-1179-12549345226666_thumb.jpg

WOW those are some nice artifacts. I wish i could go there! All i have is a few little junky arrow heads.

Maybe, you have not read enough to appreciate your "little junky arrowheads". :) For instance, you've probably handcrafted something in your life and appreciated it for what it is. The same is true of your "arrowheads"...someone made them and probably used them. In addition to that, you have in your possession something made by someone several thousand years ago (making some assumptions about size, location, and form). So, let's reserve the word "junky" for things without any value, not the treasures you have. ;)

i think they are quite nice! in fact the little one at the bottom right looks like it's fluted. it may be a clovis point reshaped into another point by a later culture. that would make your junky arrowhead into a very rare point indeed!

Lpiney - probably; location, context and flaking appear to match.

cool. i have a frame of texas points, mostly perds, but i have a perfect pelican and a real nice allen in it too. keep finding the good stuff bro. :D

Great report, and rather.. interesting? :P

Nick, since you're limited on that island of yours...let me know if you ever plan on being in Texas. "It's a whole other country." ;)

he's partially right, nicholas. you need to move somewhere others have heard of. but not texas - we're full. everyone from california and florida came here. john just hasn't figured that out yet because he lives in the middle, but they're headed his way. i told them he's giving away coozies.