Sharktoothaddict

So I found this tooth this past Sunday completely out of luck, I was just walking out to rinse my feet before I got in the truck to move to another spot, looked down and saw something dark didn't even think it was a tooth when I had it in my hand I almost threw it, but something told me to look at it before I did.

IMG_20190601_155817750.jpg

you got a fossil shark tooth :D

• I found this Informative 1

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Perhaps a C.hastalis, hard to tell though it's pretty beat up and worn. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 minutes ago, Sharktoothaddict said:

Here's a closer look minus the pack of cigarettes 

Screenshot_20190603-013552.png

Faint signs of serrations on that right side.. No cusps == C. Megalodon !!! Lots of folks love to find or possess these!!! Congrats

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Shellseeker i was thinking a large mako but I'm not an expert,  just a collector of sorts . I've been finding them since I was a kid and have quite a few since the last couple years. Thank you for your help

28 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Faint signs of serrations on that right side.. No cusps == C. Megalodon !!! Lots of folks love to find or possess these!!! Congrats

Yep, I couldn't enlarge it enough to see serrations or that faint glimmer of a burlette. But now I do!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I always thought they would be much larger but I guess they gotta be babies before they become giants! Now I'm super stoked about the find!

It all depends on the position in the mouth too.  They get smaller the farther back in the jaw you go.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I'm still trying to learn how to navigate this site so bear with me I should get it nailed down soon. I hope lol