Trip To The Dinomuseum In Brussel Belgium

sharklover

Hey

Today whe went to the dinomuseum in Brussel Belgium.

They found in 1878 about thirty Iguanodon's on a dept of more then 300 mtr in a coal mine.

The Museum reopens 27 October with Europe’s largest dinosaur gallery, which will emphasis science and authenticity. With the famous iguanodons of Bernissart and lots of new dinosaur skeletons and casts as well as interactive exhibits and an on-site paleontology and geology laboratory for children.

Here some pictures.

The T-rex is a copy :T-Rex:

Also the link of the museum.

http://www.naturalsciences.be/museum/dinosaurs

Cor

post-150-1204479813_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204479861_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204479893_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204479945_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204479979_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480004_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480037_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480057_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480082_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480120_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480150_thumb.jpg

post-150-1204480249_thumb.jpg

One day in the future, Im going to go on a vacation where I do nothing but visit museums with amazing paleontology displays. This one is going to be on my list.

Hey

I know the feeling,there are so many museums to visit.

I have plans to make a five or six week trip along the dinosaur trail through Canada in 2011

Is there someone from Canada that can help to make a plan?

Cor

Great museum!! Like the big dinosaurs, I did get a chance to see Sue when she visited here . What a site!!!! :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up:

It's my bone!!!

Great museum! I always like being able to see skeletons (even if casts) on display rather than models. I always feel models are somewhat insulting to the viewer, that they make the viewer feel incapable of imagining what the flesh looked like over the bones. I'd rather put the actual thing out on display so visitors can imagine, and make up their own mind.

On a funny note, I always laugh when I see Stan T.rex and its ridiculuous teeth. They're about to fall out! But thats just good ole Peter Larson at Black Hills Ins. trying to make the teeth look longer and more fearsome.

If I lived closer to brussles, I would certainly make plans to visit. And ditto on what Boesse says about the models. I cant stand that. I want to see bones, not someones idea of what it may have looked like! And I was just at the Black Hills institute early last november. Some really nice stuff, but I was rushed out of there and didnt really have near enough time to stop and appreciate everything. We did find lots of ammos though.

RB