Moving to SC, would like to hunt in summerville. Any advice would be great!!

FossilSniper

Hey fossil forum! Yes, I'm still alive :>

I am moving into South Carolina (to the Clemson area) in a few months, and I am extremely interested in fossil hunting in (or nearby) Summerville. I've found lots (and I mean lots) of fossils in Ohio for the five years I've lived here, and the fossils here are nice, but I really want to get whale verts/mammal bones into my collection! I'm also hoping to pick up some nice teeth, even though I don't need many more of them.

I will be camping with my family in Summerville at the end of July for a full week (solely to find fossils in the area), and I am really hoping on picking up some great stuff during the limited time I can spend there.

I don't know any locals, so if someone could please give me advice as to where I should start hunting for fruitful results, that would be awesome!! I literally haven't a clue as to where to begin hunting down in SC. I'd be glad to exchange my personal fossil hunting locations for some down there.

(I'm aware of the fossil permit required for fossil hunting in SC; my family and I have already begun the process)

-Fossilsniper

PS-- I will be away (fossil hunting at St. Leon) for the next few hours, and I'm crossing my fingers for replies when I get back :)