Monica

That is a MASSIVE Treptoceras!!!!! Indeed, I think that is the living chamber! NICE!!! And that is a very nice first flexi!!! What an excellent fossil hunting trip!!! :wub: :envy:

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, FossilSniper said:

That is a MASSIVE Treptoceras!!!!! Indeed, I think that is the living chamber! NICE!!! And that is a very nice first flexi!!! What an excellent fossil hunting trip!!! :wub: :envy:

Thanks very much!  I was super excited when I found both last summer - hopefully I'll be able to find equally amazing stuff this summer, too! :fingerscrossed:

• I found this Informative 2

Update for this thread...

Here are photos of the Treptoceras crebriseptum orthoconic nautiloid after @Malcolmt worked his prepping magic on it:

DSC02214.thumb.JPG.8de7e107ab1f39b3c8019abe5055fdb0.JPGDSC02215.thumb.JPG.eb81f440de158331b653d79c958c6171.JPG

Isn't it amazing???!!!  These two fossils that I found last year which Malcolm prepped for me are definitely my favourite found fossils - they are so beautiful!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Thanks once again, Malcolm!!! :beer:

• I found this Informative 6

2 hours ago, Monica said:

Here are photos of the Treptoceras crebriseptum orthoconic nautiloid after @Malcolmt worked his prepping magic on it:

Isn't it amazing???!!!  These two fossils that I found last year which Malcolm prepped for me are definitely my favourite found fossils - they are so beautiful!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Fantastic!!!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

2 hours ago, Monica said:

I see why it’s your favorite find! WOW! :drool::default_faint::wub:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

8 hours ago, Monica said:

DSC02214.thumb.JPG.8de7e107ab1f39b3c8019abe5055fdb0.JPGDSC02215.thumb.JPG.eb81f440de158331b653d79c958c6171.JPG

That is just breathtaking. Inspires me to keep looking. What a treasure.

6 hours ago, markjw said:

That is just breathtaking. Inspires me to keep looking. What a treasure.

I do love it :wub:

I'm so happy I found it last year - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a nice one, too :fingerscrossed:

Nice fossils! Congrats on two worthy specimens. The extra long cephalopod with body chamber is a winner and the Flexicalymene granulosa is mighty fine as well. I have one crunched roller from northern Kentucky and some frags. One that close to complete is bonus.