Asolanus

docdutronc

Asolanus : another samples Saint Etienne basin ,in compression the two side ,and another sample in 3D from Liévin basin .....

Best regards

Bruno

img_7413.jpgimg_7414.jpgimg_6624.jpg

Hi my friends

another sample from Liévin basin ,who shows adherent leaves .....

best regards

Bruno

029_mo10.jpg

03111.jpgdsc_0910.jpg

Edited by docdutronc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my friends

here is a personal drawing who synthesized all data on the findings about morphogenus Asolanus, I represented the fertile part of the stem and the leaves : Sigillariodes radicans Lesquereux, of course this reconstruction are hypothetical because of the rarity of some remains of this plant belonging to lycophytes.

best regards

Bruno img_7911.jpgpl_aso10.jpg

Edited by docdutronc

Your drawing is brilliant, Bruno; I can easily imagine the species in a living context by it. Thank you!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very nice drawing.... a talent of which I am very lacking.....

In France , we say that a picture is always more telling, it's been awhile since I wanted to draw this plant, thank you for your comment

best regards

Bruno

Yes I still like to look at ink drawings in the Invertebrate treastes. I find it generally easier to decide what my fossil is comparing to a line drawing than a photograph. Whittington made the same comments relating to the Burgess shale material that he had to do drawings because it made the photgraphs far more interpretable.

• 1 month later...

Hi my friends

Asolanus from Asturia ( Spain )

best regards

Bruno

img_8121.jpg

img_8122.jpg

Bruno... Another rare addition to your collection which must be getting huge now... the specimen showing lots of surface detail perhaps not preserved in coarser shales...Well done...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Hi Steve

glad to see you here, yes indeed my collection is impressive since it was enriched with specimens of Spain

best regards

Bruno

Bruno,

It's a always a pleasure seeing your posts, Bruno. Especially your drawing is perfect and everything would be much nicer if at least sometimes we could do something analogue.... Superb your last specimen, as well. The details are amazing...

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Hi my friends

best regards

Bruno

029_mo10.jpg

03111.jpgdsc_0910.jpg

Hi my friends

best regards

Bruno

029_mo10.jpg

03111.jpgdsc_0910.jpg

Hi Bruno, yes, what gorgeous detail and line drawings as well!

The leaf detail is really quite nice to see....So my brain is working on these photos---thats dangerous as usual :wacko: ...Anyways, in the case of the top reddish specimens/photos, the areas that do not have the leaves or raised leaf attachments are actually closer to the younger top of the plant and the areas lacking leaves and having smoother non-raised attachments are probably closer to the older base of the plant---does all of this jibberish make sense? It just dawned on me its kind of the same in geologic terms...really old mountain ranges experiencing no more tectonic uplift tend to be erroded and well worn and the younger ranges still experiencing uplift are sharper and well defined. Appalachians of the US vs the Himalayans.... :) Regards, Chris

• 3 months later...

img_9013.jpg

img_9014.jpg

img_9015.jpg

img_9111.jpg

Here is a dubful sample ,close to Asolanus genus ???

you can see two circular structures which are probably detached sporophylls....

Best regards

Bruno

Edited by docdutronc