Son brought me some fossil stuff

RJB

My son went on a canoe trip a few days ago and even though he took most of the fossils to his house he did drop some stuff off at my house.    I wish he was on this forum so he could tell you folks how he wrapped his cheap plastic canoe around a rock in the middle of the river!  Ha!!!  Quite the story I assure you!   Here is some stuff Im helping him out with but that kid sure has one heck of alot of Placenticeras ammo's!!!

RB

Here is one of the prettiest ive seen.  Gunna take some work to save this one and has a super nice keel!!!

DSCN0228.JPG.abf0717d8c5cd511a4498f893926eb3c.JPG

My son said I could have this one.  What a kid huh?  My hope was that the rest of this concretion was loaded with more ammo's?

DSCN0230.JPG.ccfc4a7e31646735103f365eddb50445.JPG

This was the only one in the rock.  Very purty but not good enough for this guy. 

DSCN0232.JPG.b4550c51db3993815ae86031f2e86082.JPG

He also found some lobster concs which surprized him,, and me too!  Here is one Im putting back together that may turn out purty good?  I take a toothbrush and water to clean all the pieces up and then its just a matter of gluing the puzzle back together.   Not as easy as it sounds. I dont let even a grain of sand get in the way.  A grain of sand can cause a lot more trouble than one thinks!!!

Coleton1A.JPG.44c956019592beb5600e4e2a2e2d0842.JPG

Here ive glued on a piece to the main chunk and also two smaller pieces back together and then those will be glued on. 

Coleton1B.JPG.7ddcb9abed1d74faff282e9e1ed3583f.JPG

And WAAALAAA,,,, all back together.  Now its just wait for glue cure and it will be ready to go.  This will be one of my winter projects.  This lobster will be Hoploparia or Paleonepherops?

Coleton1C.JPG.3481b531d5dd6a1460b7849c3f836944.JPG

• I found this Informative 8

2 hours ago, RJB said:

This was the only one in the rock.  Very purty but not good enough for this guy. 

Not good enough?!?!!? My friend you’ve done entirely too many fossils if that one isn’t good enough:P!  That’s an absolute beauty! It’s be one of my top shelf fossils if it was in my collection!

• I found this Informative 2

What a good son to let his dad have some of the spoils! Although spoils is probably nor a good descriptor as they look like great pieces! :wub:

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Wow! congratulate that son of youres for finding such awsome stuff. now only of I could train my kids to go out and find stuff to bring back to me. lol

22 hours ago, DLB said:

Wow! congratulate that son of youres for finding such awsome stuff. now only of I could train my kids to go out and find stuff to bring back to me. lol

You might want your kids to grow up first.  They seem a bit young to be going out by themselves.   and when they do grow up you have to hope they are into rocks.   Good luck

RB