A Summer Wasted?

hokiehunter

Here are the photos from my first summer of fossil hunting. Not my full collection but the majority of the good stuff. Mixture of 5 or so different sites in Calvert County from a total of 10+ trips though my first 5 or so trips were pretty lean learning experiences as compared to my average now. Still in search of the 2+ complete mako and any size complete meg.

post-2363-12571095333172_thumb.jpg

post-2363-12571095440149_thumb.jpg

post-2363-1257109566747_thumb.jpg

post-2363-12571095917236_thumb.jpg

post-2363-12571096062207_thumb.jpg

post-2363-1257109627901_thumb.jpg

Edited by hokiehunter

Dude sitting on the porch eating potato chips and drinking beer is a wasted summer. Looks like you had a great one.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I kinda understand the way you feel, but Loch_Nessie and I aren't going to let a little thing called cold/wet/misrable weather stop us!

Dude sitting on the porch eating potato chips and drinking beer is a wasted summer. Looks like you had a great one.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yeah, I would be up for that, myself. Beats working, don't it?

Welcome to the forum, looks like you had a productive summer. :D

Here are the photos from my first summer of fossil hunting. Not my full collection but the majority of the good stuff. Mixture of 5 or so different sites in Calvert County from a total of 10+ trips though my first 5 or so trips were pretty lean learning experiences as compared to my average now. Still in search of the 2+ complete mako and any size complete meg.

It looks like you had a really productive summer and in time the large makos and megs will be found. Welcome to the forum.

Looks like it was a good summer of collecting to me

Welcome to the forum from Calgary Alberta dinosaur country

Remember summer is never wasted just people you drink to much beer :beerhat:

Looks like a summer of good eye exercise to me. Next year they will come easier and bigger.

Nice finds.

Pentax Optio W60

Thanks to all for the well wishes and welcome. A long time ago I received a pair of cold water waders as a gift even though I don't trout fish so I've finally found a good use for them. The bug has bit me hard so I'm looking forward to the winters months and will post what I find.

Thanks again.