Found a hipster..

Ash

55 minutes ago, Ash said:

Looks like this now.

Will see if I can get a hand to flip it over. 

Just put a skillet under it and flip it like a pancake:P

What a cool find, thanks for showing us the progress!

10 hours ago, Scylla said:

Just put a skillet under it and flip it like a pancake:P

What a cool find, thanks for showing us the progress!

Genius! But may just try getting help to

flip it..

Still not 100% on the ID but it’s suspected to NOT be Diprotodon, so one of the rarer diprotodontids which is cool.

• I found this Informative 1

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Finished up for the night. Worked on the ilia and sacrum; will work on the acetabula, ischia, and pubic bones tomorrow. Lots and lots of cracks, but it's turning out okay.

1580559749848_3022687711_31a8e146.jpg

1580559749688_9137675560_31a8e146.jpg

1580559749791_7572854465_31a8e146.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Will get some measurements also once we uncover the pubic bones

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Gotcha love the dedication.. she’s way keener than me to get in to it each day and get it done! And wants way less breaks, ha!

5BE803F9-D6CC-436E-A706-7D54D5C011C4.png

• I found this Informative 2

It is done. Pictures to come, yay!

Well, here it is.

6” ruler for scale.

CQXElQv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Qhlk436_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• I found this Informative 3

Agreed, I like the blue colours of it. (Yes I’m a simpleton :P )

Next step is making a fibre glass jacket that bolts together and allows it to be flipped so either side can be viewed. Not in my skill set so a friends teaching us when he’s free.

Update to add (not that much of anyone seems to read/respond to such forum topics anymore, it seems, sadly) that we believe it to now be the pelvis of a Zygomaturus trilobus. Or Ziggy butt :heartylaugh:

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

1 hour ago, Jesuslover340 said:

(not that much of anyone seems to read/respond to such forum topics anymore, it seems, sadly)

Probably a misperception as relates to this topic.  (A casual review will show the Forum is still very active.  :)

You've found and prepped the fragmented pelvis of a Pleistocene giant that is widely unfamiliar.  I think it's a cool discovery and nice 'puzzle prep'.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

10 hours ago, Jesuslover340 said:

Update to add (not that much of anyone seems to read/respond to such forum topics anymore, it seems, sadly) that we believe it to now be the pelvis of a Zygomaturus trilobus. Or Ziggy butt :heartylaugh:

Sorry that you haven’t gotten many responses lately... :( 

I for one find your and @Ash’s posts interesting. You two find very unique things that are rarities even on something as all inclusive as TFF. It’s obvious that your collecting and prepping of these specimens is a labor of love. So thanks for sharing! 

I also got to learn what a Zygomaturus trilobus is today, and Ziggy butt made me smile. So thanks for that as well! :D 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Probably a misperception as relates to this topic.  (A casual review will show the Forum is still very active.  :)

You've found and prepped the fragmented pelvis of a Pleistocene giant that is widely unfamiliar.  I think it's a cool discovery and nice 'puzzle prep'.

I dunno, the forum may be active in general but we and several others have commented to each other that more people seem to hit “like” (aka “informative”) than seem to reply. It was a good idea to start but I dunno, can’t see figures for number of posts (that aren’t new topics) vs number of informative given. Actually, John, is there a way to see that figure? I’m genuinely curious now :D

25 minutes ago, Ash said:

I dunno, the forum may be active in general but we and several others have commented to each other that more people seem to hit “like” (aka “informative”) than seem to reply. It was a good idea to start but I dunno, can’t see figures for number of posts (that aren’t new topics) vs number of informative given. Actually, John, is there a way to see that figure? I’m genuinely curious now :D

No, there isn't.  Besides, debating Forum activity and several year old Forum functions isn't really the point of this topic.  So, let's not sully a good fossil discovery any further.  ;)  

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

1 hour ago, Ash said:

more people seem to hit “like” (aka “informative”) than seem to reply

Well, replies require more effort:D Don't you know that the participation level is inversely proportional to the number of participants?The likes are still needed, you can't skim cream without milk

Well that project looks to have involved a lot of work! -probably why I don't collect vertebrate fossils (that and I can't find more than a tooth or piece of bone now and then).

Anyway it looks quite professional and well done. Kudos.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:02 AM, Ash said:

Gotcha love the dedication.. she’s way keener than me to get in to it each day and get it done! And wants way less breaks, ha!

5BE803F9-D6CC-436E-A706-7D54D5C011C4.png

OT question, Is she wearing an Eskimo Joe shirt?

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

On 2/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, Jesuslover340 said:

Was following the progress and enjoying the view. So I think you had lots of readers at least. 

7 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

OT question, Is she wearing an Eskimo Joe shirt?

Absolutely. She’s an Oklahoman through and through :D

What an incredible find! Looks like a lot of work but what a result!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!