Holloween Weekend Dives (And Today)

megateeth

I am married so I am used to not being in charge.

yeah...figures. another time there i suddenly ran up on the jellyfish zone or something. the coastlines are very interesting, but i never get the feeling i'm in charge there.

It's just a pity the are not found in the superb condition you guys n gals find over there.

Edited by Bill

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

They say it is better to be lucky than good and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to dive so often.

:notfair: Okay, I'm officially jealous of you to. Your one lucky man to get to do and find what you do.:goodjob:goodjob:

Hi Megateeth,

I meant that in France, I don't know any places where we can hunt shark teeth by diving. In France, we have Megs, the Miocene is present. ;)

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

"It is funny but diving in pitch dark is one of the most relaxing things in the world. No interruptions, no people, no cell phones, nothing else you can be doing. You are on your own. On more than one occasion I have started to nod off while diving. People do not believe this is possible but it happens every day to people driving their car. When I can not see and I start digging my mind often wanders and I go on digging autopilot. I try to focus on what I am doing but it is not always easy. Like I said it is a lot like driving a car."

I took my PADI course at night while in school and with a full time job. I remember doing my required tasks underwater, and then snoozing while waiting for the rest of the class. It was relaxing enough to sleep underwater. I do not believe I would be relaxed in the pitch dark environment. I know that everything I would bump into would potentially be something that would eat me. I know sharks don't eat people, but with zero vis, there is always mistaken identity. I am sure it is a fear that would subside with more time in those conditions, but...No thanks. I am glad that the rewards are so great for you.

Way to go on your finds. Thanks for sharing the entire experience.

Edited by Mango

Pentax Optio W60