Woohooo.... New Mako Personal Best...

hokiehunter

Only 1 9/16" (yeah... I'm claiming that 1/16"), I know a lot of you have waaay better but I sure got excited about it. Hard day of hunting in Calvert County with all the fall leaves on the ground but as I was ready to leave the sun peaked over the cliffs and onto about 50 square feet of pretty clear water. I decided to get wet and 1 foot down was this beauty. Day and trip made!

post-2363-12576436503739_thumb.jpg

Edited by hokiehunter

Nice tooth! (Sorry 'bout the leaves).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

.0625 is a bit of a stretch. If'n you dip that there measuring device in liquid nitrogen you might git those funny little marks a little closer together. Nice toof!

Well I was measuring on the long side diagonally to get to 1 9/16". It may have been the celebration beer I drank before measuring but I'd swear it broke 1.5". Either way it's still not the 2"+ tooth I'm after so I'll just have to keep at it.

You've done well with your find where my best find over the weekend gave me ocularus strainus and measures behind the 1" mark. Looks great at 10x magnification, though!

Big fan of the celebratory beer!

Only 1 9/16" (yeah... I'm claiming that 1/16"), I know a lot of you have waaay better but I sure got excited about it. Hard day of hunting in Calvert County with all the fall leaves on the ground but as I was ready to leave the sun peaked over the cliffs and onto about 50 square feet of pretty clear water. I decided to get wet and 1 foot down was this beauty. Day and trip made!

good eye and nice tooth:)

Great find! Good luck on your next hunt, the CC is a great place to hunt.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'