Annuliaria

RomanK

A couple years ago I found the site with a lot of annularia prints. That time I was so bad collector that took nothing with me just made some shots. Next that place visit I found there nothing cause all that rocks were covered by earth and construction waste. I saved only pictures.

1. Annuliaria reconstruction from Internet.

2-5. Shoted Annuliaria prints.

post-814-12576917314741_thumb.jpg

post-814-12576918345569_thumb.jpg

post-814-12576918431871_thumb.jpg

post-814-12576918510896_thumb.jpg

post-814-12576918551762_thumb.jpg

Nice specimens RomanK. Yes, its troubling to see nice sites get covered up...I know of quite a few that I used to visit that I didnt fully appreciate at the time and are no longer available. Thanks for the posting.

Those look like nice specimens Roman. :wub: It's a shame you didn't take any home with you when you had the chance. :( A lesson learned. :blink::)

Nice fossils and too bad about not collecting any for yourself! The pic you found is nice too, it shows a Sphenophyllum on the left hand side. Great composite drawing to show many different species and how they related to each other.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Is annuliaria a common fossil plant? Just curious :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

RomanK..... Nice photos all the same, and well worth taking... I dont see many annularia on the stalk, just individual 'star shapes'....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Is annuliaria a common fossil plant? Just curious smile.gif

Yes, annularia is a common fossil and associated with calamites (horstail). Really these are the thin branches grew around the stem from calamites nodes. Annularia has specific like star shape.

Hi Romank.

Those are some very nice Annullaria. You at least got to capture them with your camera and touch them with your hands. Clear skies and good hunting to you..Paul

Still around today.

I know the feeling of finding a site... and loosing it.

oh... Fantastic photos.

Yes, annularia is a common fossil and associated with calamites (horstail). Really these are the thin branches grew around the stem from calamites nodes. Annularia has specific like star shape.

Edited by -EJ

Hi Romank.

Those are some very nice Annullaria. You at least got to capture them with your camera and touch them with your hands. Clear skies and good hunting to you..Paul

Thank you Paul, I wish you fruitful hunting trip as well. Roman

Its good to see you got some picts at least. Im with worthy the plant material is getting more interesting.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Sometimes some snap shots are just as good in a case where you could not collect. Although it is a bummer that you couldn't retrieve them.