Fossildude19

As this winter winds down (although, ... it never really wound up, here in the North East USA) March is upon us, and came in like a lamb, instead of a lion,  for many.

Our thoughts turn towards more sunlight, more availability for good weather, and copious fossil collection! March is a month of St. Patrick's Day, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Irish Soda Bread, and shamrocks. :d_good_luck:

It is quite suitable that this member of the month started with us 7 years ago,  nearly to the day!   :D

The bearer, and wearer of this month's Member of the Month Crown, ( by unanimous staff decision)  is none other than the ever searching:

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:JamieLynn:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

JamieLynn joined us on March 3rd, of 2013. JamieLynn's interest in fossils began with an exciting family story of a large Echinoid find by her Grandmother when grandma was a child. From that grew a curiosity that developed into Jamie searching us out on the internet, and learning the ropes of this hobby, and getting a handle on her Central Texas fossil id's. If you look through her content, while she is open to collection of many types of fossils, she is still quite fond of her Cretaceous Echinoids! 

Always curious, and helpful with new member ID's, as well as contributing great trip reports, from her many travels around Texas and elsewhere, we are 

happy to have her amongst our membership. 

Congratulations, JamieLynn!

We thank you for your contributions to the Forum. The staff are happy that you are here, and bring us such great variety of knowledge that you have gleaned on your fossil journey, as well as some great fossil finds! We wish you many more collecting trips and hope you continue to share with us, and embody the Forum spirit as you have been. :) 

Jamie, would you care to say a few words, and tell us about your path to fossils and the Fossil Forum? 

• I found this Informative 7

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.018db260eebaeadd02eab56898551267.gif

hesperornis-CONGRATULATIONS-200.gif.aa2911a70f2571aed39419b397289a72.gif

Congratulations, and well-deserved! You help make TFF the great fossil-loving community it is. Thanks.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

@JamieLynn 

Your enthusiasm is infectious, and your desire to learn is admirable.  Congratulations!

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations!!

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Congrats Jamie! Well deserved! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Member of the Month - March 2020 - JamieLynn

Congratulations!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Congratulations, Jamie.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!! THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!  I am kind of freaking out here..... I have just so enjoyed this group of people and your knowledge and humor and generosity that I think my eyes are leaking a little bit. I'm not crying.. I just have some fossil smudge in my eye I think....... Great Googly Moogly I am just floored. 

Wow. So yeah...it all started with my grandmother and that fossil she told me about. I know now that it was a Cidarid, found on the Brazos River. She originally thought it was a ball carved with circles and snakes, perhaps by Native Americans. She eventually found out it was a fossil and sadly, sold it to a collector (story is that it was someone from Baylor, but who knows). So i have been on the search for the "Grandmommy" fossil since! I've always loved the outdoors and collected rocks and bones and such, but it wasn't until a few years ago (apparently!) that I really started delving deep into the fossils of my area. They are like jewels of nature. I am consistently amazed by the beauty and variety of ancient life preserved in stone.  I am a working artist (somehow actually make my living with my art, go figure!) so looking at the world through an artists eyes has always been important to me.  Now I put those eyes to work looking for fossils!  And someday I'll find that "grandmommy" urchin. :) Again, thank y'all for the award. It's really special to me. Especially since yesterday was my birthday, so I consider it kind of a birthday present. 

• I found this Informative 12

Hmmmm. Two out of the last two MOTM members awarded in their birthday months?!?! I smell a conspiracy here (or maybe just a simple coincidence). :P

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 3

A Very Happy Birthday to you, JamieLynn! And many happy returns of the day! :D 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Happy birthday, and congratulations!  I'm sure a perfect "grandma-worrhy" cidaris is waiting in the not too distant future for you.

Don

Congratulations, JamieLynn, and Happy Birthday, a day late.  And speaking of a day late, if you were born in a leap year you were a day late from being 4 times younger than you now are!