With the current pandemic I decided now was as good of a time as any to get some matrix from the Aguja Formation with the help of PaleoTex! This turned out to be a great decision as I was extremely lucky, finding about basically everything I wanted to, and more in only 5 pounds of matrix! I'll be sure to post pictures but I got numerous amia and gar teeth, along with atleast 36 gar scales. Tons of Crocodile teeth including a large Deinosuchus tooth. Several shark teeth and a partial hybodus spine, also several brackish water pycnodontid teeth and tooth pallets. 4 fish or salamander jaws with teeth. Regarding dinosaur teeth I got 17 Hadrosaur teeth, including 2 partially rooted. A partial Ankylosaurus tooth. 4 Therapod teeth including a perfect Saurornitholestes tooth and a Premax.  My favorite find however was the Paronychodon tooth I found! I'll be posting that picture first! Highly recommend this matrix, but I was also told that most people don't find all this stuff, so keep that in mind aswell. Stay safe! Happy hunting! (ID's for these specimens done by lab manager)

IMG_20200504_152213_007.jpg

• I found this Informative 11

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

Here is my best Saurornitholestes sp. tooth!

IMG_20200428_213335_240.jpg

IMG_20200428_213335_238.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

One of my favorite finds as the "fish guy" was this awesome fish pallet! Don't have an ID on it though!

IMG_20200428_130246_836.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

here's the Deinosuchus tooth! Only about 1cm long but still one of my largest teeth!

20200429_201214.jpg

20200429_201234.jpg

Here's another of my personal favorite finds, an AWESOME fish jaw! This was my best jaw fossil I found.

20200430_161245.jpg

This is either a salamander, lizard, or fish pallet, unsure which! 

20200505_184506.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Here's one of my favorite shed teeth I found! 

20200506_190424.jpg

This is one of the extremely tiny shark teeth, about the size of Lincoln's nose on a penny!

20200507_225723.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

Really nice :envy:. Do you mind if you could tell me where you got this matrix from :P.

• I found this Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Pterygotus said:

Really nice :envy:. Do you mind if you could tell me where you got this matrix from :P.

Got it from Plaeo Tex! They have a Facebook page and if you want I can DM you their email or phone number 

I am unsure how to post more pictures as I've used the 3.95MB allowed, any ideas? 

Just now, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

I am unsure how to post more pictures as I've used the 3.95MB allowed, any ideas? 

You can put more pictures in a reply or you can now choose the image size which means you can fit more :).

4 minutes ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Got it from Plaeo Tex! They have a Facebook page and if you want I can DM you their email or phone number 

Thanks! Will search them up.

It’s a spelling error. It’s paleotex.. I’ve used their Oklahoma and Texas Permian matrix. Fast shipping and good stuff

A pretty rare ceratopsian tooth, most likely Agujaceratops!

20200505_210658.jpg

These are my Lissodus teeth, I found 5 of them and 1 really really big one!

20200429_181818.jpg

Here is a row of Amia Melvius teeth of varying sizes and colors.

20200428_205859.jpg

Here one of my rarer finds, a sawfish barb! 

20200508_135539.jpg

Lots of very interesting and pretty pieces.

Keep 'em coming. :)

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Another cooler find for me was this pair of associated gar vertebra!

20200430_165524.jpg

Salamander Vertebra!

20200502_004336.jpg

20200502_004433.jpg

22 hours ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Hi, sorry for another question but how much matrix would you recommend to get a decent haul :).

6 hours ago, Pterygotus said:

Hi, sorry for another question but how much matrix would you recommend to get a decent haul :).

I got 5 pounds of matrix, but this was incredibly lucky and more than they normally find in 10 or even 20 pounds. I'd recommend 5 to start out as you can always get more. 

One of the larger spit teeth!

20200506_190159.jpg

The tops of the spit teeth are so cool!

20200430_165313.jpg