New Washingtonian

JD3B

Hello everyone! My name is Jacob and after about a year of lurking in the shadows I have taken the dive into creating an account, thanks to a few friends that are active here and giving me the ol peer pressure treatment. 

I live and work in Washington state, am brand new to fossil hunting and fossils in general, but consider myself an expert at finding and packing out leave-r-ights. I have zero prep experience but after a recent trip to the Green River formation I have come home with some awesome practice fish (and some beautiful not practice fish that will wait) and hope to pull the trigger on some prep tools very soon. Feel free to ask me questions if I left anything cool out. 

• Enjoyed 1

Giving in to peer pressure is always a good idea. Glad to have you along good buddy.

• Enjoyed 1

Hello Jacob, welcome to the forum from New York!

• Thank You 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome!  We'll look forward to seeing photos of your "leaverites" and your better finds, and hearing about your adventures. :popcorn:

Don

• Thank You 1

I think this is the 2nd time ive ever visited the 'Memeber introduction' but since I already know you, here I am.   I was wondering how you and Will decided how to divie up all those fish, but then realized you guys did so well and found so many that it had to be easy.  Would love to see you and Will's prep jobs when done.  Nice to see you on the forum.

RB

Thank you for the welcome, everybody. I might not be as active as many on here, that’s just my nature, but I look forward to learning and sharing my finds with y’all. 

4 hours ago, RJB said:

I was wondering how you and Will decided how to divie up all those fish, but then realized you guys did so well and found so many that it had to be easy.  Would love to see you and Will's prep jobs when done.  Nice to see you on the forum.

RB

Thanks, Ron. Glad to finally join in on the fossil festivities. Will took all the really good stuff, duh. Haha. Naw, I let him take pretty much everything and sort through what he really wanted, and he was gracious enough to hand over a couple beautiful prisci and a diplo, as well as some other knightias and practice fish.  I have a lot to learn on the prep side, and many more trips to the quarry to fill my wall with what I want. 

• Enjoyed 2