Tips on collecting micro-matrix near Waco, Texas?

KCMOfossil

I am wanting to collect micro-matrix near (within 45 minutes or so of) Waco, Texas.  How do I go about locating places to collect?  I have collected non-micro in some of the creeks in the area, but I'm unsure how to locate potential micro-matrix.  I'm thinking I might try the Brazos where sandbars are exposed.  The help I'm looking for is not directions to your honey-spot (although, I can't say I would refuse that), but tips on what sort of environments might be productive and how to locate them.  My only exposure to micro-matrix is from the Pennsylvanian in the Kansas City area, and I (and my grandkids) have had a lot of fun with that.

Russ

While I haven’t heard of people specifically targeting the area for micro matrix, Lake Whitney has Cretaceous exposures that have yielded Paraptychodus. 
There is also Austin Chalk on the east side of Waco Lake. I’ve heard of lots of shark teeth being found in and around the local rivers, so that may be a good start, though I’m sure others will chime in. 

23 hours ago, TyrannosaurusRex said:

While I haven’t heard of people specifically targeting the area for micro matrix, Lake Whitney has Cretaceous exposures that have yielded Paraptychodus. 
There is also Austin Chalk on the east side of Waco Lake. I’ve heard of lots of shark teeth being found in and around the local rivers, so that may be a good start, though I’m sure others will chime in. 

Thanks, Paleoartist.  I'll check out the Austin Chalk.  The rivers, below the dams, should be a possibility too.  I imagine I will just have to get out and see what I can find.  

Russ