Purchased this raptor egg from a gem and mineral show

Malavedavid

Purchase this raptor egg from a gem and mineral show. Was wondering if anybody can identify the species. 
and if it’s authentic

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Eggs are not described to a dinosaur species but to a oogenus based on several factors including shape and ornamentation of shell.  Your egg is an Elongatoolithus sp.   Very unlikely its a raptor might be an Oviraptoroid 

• I Agree 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Purchased this raptor egg from a gem and mineral show

There's something about the softness of the detail that's making me think it might be a painted cast. Impossible to know from photos, of course, but something to consider.

I have the same thought of Carl. Of course it can be real, as Elongatoolithus preservation varies a lot. I would anyway inspect it closer

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, Malavedavid said:

Is there anyway I could do a home test

If you are willing to scratch the surface a bit you should be able to tell pretty easily if it is painted resin or plaster vs. genuine fossil.

I think there are something wrong with the texture of egg shell. I don't know... it look a bit off to me 

Guns

I did a lil scrape there? In In the middle of the photo next to the center Vertical crack

image.jpg