My Ammonite And Egg-Shell Set In Rikers Completed!

-Andy-

Thanks to several members here who helped me to fill in several missing pieces, I have completed my ammonite and egg shell set boxes. (Base egg shell set was gotten off Indiana 9, I added two more species in)

Enjoy!

Gonna start on my amber collection next.

post-4888-0-03294300-1366519655_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-12273300-1366519679_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Very nice display, but your Yorkshire ammonite is not Hildoceras, it is Dactylioceras.

Regards,

Very nice display, but your Yorkshire ammonite is not Hildoceras, it is Dactylioceras.

Regards,

Thanks for the info!

Shall re-label it.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Happiness is a full, well-organized Riker :)

Well done!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those really look great, I love the way the labels turned out. Are those glue dots on the corners of the labels for the Ammonite display?

Great collections and congrats in completing them!

I have my ammonites collection too but just couldn't quite put them in riker boxes especially the iridescent ones like the Caloceras & Cleoniceras u have. They just look so much better when on display stands with halogen light shining on them at the right angle! :P

Though it takes a heck of a lot of space in my cabinet to put these babies in for sure. So as space ran out, I will probably have to find good boxes or alternative means to display them eventually!

Edited by AJ Plai

Happiness is a full, well-organized Riker :)

Well done!

Thank you Auspex! The best thing is that I can now let my younger cousins and nephews/nieces handle these fossils without worrying so much.

Those really look great, I love the way the labels turned out. Are those glue dots on the corners of the labels for the Ammonite display?

Thanks. The blue dots are blue-tac, which is a form of sticky dough that can be removed or re-used if I decide to change the labels.

Great collections and congrats in completing them!

I have my ammonites collection too but just couldn't quite put them in riker boxes especially the iridescent ones like the Caloceras & Cleoniceras u have. They just look so much better when on display stands with halogen light shining on them at the right angle! :P

Though it takes a heck of a lot of space in my cabinet to put these babies in for sure. So as space ran out, I will probably have to find good boxes or alternative means to display them eventually!

Amusingly, that IS the problem I am facing: a lack of space! I agree, the Caloceras and Cleoniceras would look better outside being shined at a certain angle, but I can't afford the space!

After seeing your displays, I am thinking of using riker mounts to display some of my collection. What size are those boxes and do you buy them locally or online?

After seeing your displays, I am thinking of using riker mounts to display some of my collection. What size are those boxes and do you buy them locally or online?

Hi there. I recommend using riker boxes too.

The ammonite set is housed in a box that's 16" x 8" and the eggshell set is in a box that's 8" x 6".

A member here gave those 2 boxes to me, but you can buy them online.