Pennsylvanian Finis Shale Micro Ammonoids

Herb

Some tiny ammonoids from the Finis shale at Jacksboro, TX. I'll try them again with the microscope at a later time. They are hard to work with this small.

post-2520-0-64210500-1367534208_thumb.jpgpost-2520-0-00568900-1367534225_thumb.jpgpost-2520-0-53320300-1367534243_thumb.jpgpost-2520-0-30499000-1367534247_thumb.jpgpost-2520-0-43819600-1367534259_thumb.jpgpost-2520-0-67421500-1367534180_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-50351000-1367534195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Herb

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Nice. My original plan for Saturday was to go back to Lost Creek Spillway, and do some serious micro exploration. But my partner got us into a private quarry in the Walnut Clay that is closer and has lots of potential. But I'm itchin' to get back to the Finis Shale.

It was well worth my time :D

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

Lovely indeed! May I asked you where to find a good ressource to begin with on how to prepare microfossils from crude samples. I found links on internet but they are not friendly user for beginners.

Thanks!

Jean

JeanB

Montreal, QC, Canada

Ordovician, Trenton group

The thick one is Eoasianites; the thinner one might be Imitoceras.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Thanks, Dan,

That's what I ID them as also..

appreciate the conformation :)

Lovely indeed! May I asked you where to find a good ressource to begin with on how to prepare microfossils from crude samples. I found links on internet but they are not friendly user for beginners.

Thanks!

Jean

These posts may help. If you PM me with specific questions I will try to answer them. "How to collect microfossils without breaking the bank" part 1 and 2.

• I found this Informative 1

Many thanks, Herb. I will go through these posts!

Regards

Jean

JeanB

Montreal, QC, Canada

Ordovician, Trenton group