1) Horn Bone Cones Found In A New Zealand Cave In 1850

michaelhere

I have an alternative theory here. I get loads of folks like this "asking" for IDs. I think what is going on their minds is a lot like a child who is a space alien. You say, "no you're not - you are a boy." They may argue for a while. Or they may then just transform into a tiger. It's free-form, stream-of-consciousness fantasy with little awareness of reality.

Even a child would find this story very hard to believe. After reading all the post on these horns it becomes clear to me that his sole purpose was to sell these horns and to test the waters before listing them. If he can convince just one person here or at the very least leave just a small shadow of doubt then anything goes. He should have picked somewhere else then NZ to start his story.

mikey

Separating physical truth from desire and belief requires critical thinking, and not all are born with that capacity. The only thing he did to deserve being treated harshly here was to be dishonest at the possible expense of someone he's asked for help; this pretty much blew his chances for further help from us. :shake head:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I have an alternative theory here. I get loads of folks like this "asking" for IDs. I think what is going on their minds is a lot like a child who is a space alien. You say, "no you're not - you are a boy." They may argue for a while. Or they may then just transform into a tiger. It's free-form, stream-of-consciousness fantasy with little awareness of reality.

COOOL So in other words a little information can be a dangerous thing.

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Auspex is quite right, as is Carl. Being naïve is no crime here. But misrepresenting the words of a professional is. And just a little bit of Google work reveals the overtly commercial nature of mh's enterprises - and not just commercial, which is also no crime here, but shadily so.

Rich

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".