Bradenton Beach Fossil Shell Hunting

digit

...Pretty sweet when something like this falls together so nicely...

Word!

It takes both doers and knowers, and I feel so fortunate to be a member of this vessel of discovery :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 10 months later...

Hi Although it has been a year I am still exploring and enjoying the fossil shell material I collected from this rich source. I was about to throw out a broken shell when I noticed a dark object lodged inside. I worked out an almost square 1/2 inch piece of dark, opaque material from the 2 inch log shell. I hoped it was a possible piece of amber but it is too hard-can't be scratched with a dental pick and it sinks in a satutrated salt solution. It looks to have been worn and shaped by wave action. Have any of you SMR, Pinecrest Bed collectors erer seen this material? Any help in id'ing or other steps I can take to id the material would be appreciated. I will attach pictures as best I can.  Thanks for your help

DSCN4596.JPG