One more Thurmont fossil ID

Miocene_Mason

Okay, probably last one. This is some imprints on shale, probably just breccia with inclusions eroded away but then I would expect a few more inside.

from Thurmont, Maryland (probably new oxford formation)

image.jpg

image.jpg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hard to say what it could be there. Ripple marks or hackle fringe?

592380f897bf7_HackleFringe.thumb.jpg.86afe0c0eafdc69c0e2ad78d34b6446a.jpg

The New Oxford Formation is a fluvial unit, while the Gettysburg Formation is lacustrine. I've suggest the Fulton Site  for hunting area, you could find there lacustrine fossils like conchostracans, trace fossils and plant material. It will be interesting to get some nicely preserved Pagiophyllum diffusum , and to post them in the TFF. :)

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thanks @abyssunder I will certainly check it out. I'll also continue searching any random stream I can find near there.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason