Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

I seem to be getting a lot of those people in my life as of late.  Just drop off the face of the earth and won't return any communications.

Screenshot_20171229-172614.png

The jungle is sure getting lonely these days!

You guys are basically my only friends anymore.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

It is ok, lot of thing happen. Just hope everything is alright and that santa is healthy and safe. It is just a package and not receiving it, will not ruin my life.

When entering the event we are all aware that we may not receive our gift because of customs, bad postal services and so on. It is a risk we all took and that it why our community is awesome.

In fact am genuinely happy that this year ss happened smoothly and that we did not encountered much trouble considering all the international exchange made.  

Thank you to all participants, you are awesome, it was a delight to see all the gifts and read your joy.

Big thank you to @ionRocks for all.

It is a little in advance but happy new year and best wishes for the new year coming.

• I found this Informative 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Ok- it seems that this thread has run its course and I agree with everything David said- including Happy New Years to all.

Don't say it's over...noooooooo!

OK, that's it!  We're just going to have to turn this into a four season exchange,  Winter's exchange is over, I can't wait for Spring! Ha, ha

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

@David in Japan - I can confirm that your Secret Santa has had a rough go with things as of late.  Between work and family it’s been a little stressful.  I will see if I can’t get some info for you :)  don’t give up yet. 

@David in Japan I have spoken to your secret Santa and he did in fact ship your gift a while ago...seems like it may be a postal/customs issue.  

I will be mailing something out to you as well as soon as I can put something together :) 

• I found this Informative 4

@David in Japan things do seem to be going okay! Did you check your mailbox thoroughly for maybe a little paper? Perhaps you weren't there when they came to deliver the box, and left a little paper instead telling you to come pick it up at the post office. Maybe you accidentally threw that paper away? 

You probably did this already, but then again some people don't know about the little paper. I know someone that was always awaiting a big package and never looking at the smaller papers (that person might have been me :P)

Oh, and if nothing arrives, then I can also send over a little goodie bag to you too!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Oh, and Happy New Year too! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Package from Alberta is on its way...let’s hope it makes it there in a timely fashion...

On another note, I forgot the info/description for each item....

On another another note, watch you will come home from France and find a pile of gifts at the post office.

Now, let us pray to the postal Gods....

2 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

Package from Alberta is on its way...let’s hope it makes it there in a timely fashion...

On another another note, watch you will come home from France and find a pile of gifts at the post office.

How nice many people are on this forum:)

Bless you and Happy New Year ! ! ! !

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 2017/12/31 at 9:01 AM, VTinNorthAB said:

@David in Japan I have spoken to your secret Santa and he did in fact ship your gift a while ago...seems like it may be a postal/customs issue.  

I will be mailing something out to you as well as soon as I can put something together :) 

Well right now, Japanese customs and postal services are the busiest place in Japan so I will have to be a little bit more patient and hope there is no further issue. Thank you very much for the details concerning the parcel.

On 2018/1/1 at 10:01 AM, VTinNorthAB said:

Thank you very much, it is so kind! (as soon as I get some interesting fossils,I will send you some this year)

On 2017/12/31 at 11:27 PM, Max-fossils said:

@David in Japan things do seem to be going okay! Did you check your mailbox thoroughly for maybe a little paper? Perhaps you weren't there when they came to deliver the box, and left a little paper instead telling you to come pick it up at the post office. Maybe you accidentally threw that paper away? 

You probably did this already, but then again some people don't know about the little paper. I know someone that was always awaiting a big package and never looking at the smaller papers (that person might have been me :P)

Oh, and if nothing arrives, then I can also send over a little goodie bag to you too!

I can assure you that I checked my mail box at least 10 times everyday since December ^^ I even went to the post to ask them if they don't have any package for me. ;p

Once again, Thank you all and happy new year !

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

1 hour ago, David in Japan said:

I can assure you that I checked my mail box at least 10 times everyday since December ^^ I even went to the post to ask them if they don't have any package for me. ;p

Once again, Thank you all and happy new year !

Ah, I'm not surprised. Shame that there is still nothing :wacko:

You too, Happy New Year! (And everyone else too of course!)

Max Derème

4 hours ago, David in Japan said:

It's pretty sad when you go to the P.O. so often to check on a package that the workers there all know you on a first name bases...even all the guys in the back warehouse. And they start sighing when they see you coming.:ighappy:

I wonder how long it takes the postal departments to get back to a normal routine after the holiday madness.

Here it is the first week of January and I still don't get my mail delivered until 7-8pm.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

It's pretty sad when you go to the P.O. so often to check on a package that the workers there all know you on a first name bases...even all the guys in the back warehouse. And they start sighing when they see you coming.:ighappy:

When I go to my Post Office, I get hugs and invited into the back room for a glass of tea if they're not too busy.

And I don't go there very often other than this time of year.  

Lovely! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

When I go to my Post Office, I get hugs and invited into the back room for a glass of tea if they're not too busy.

And I don't go there very often other than this time of year.  

Lovely! :)

That's actually quite lovely. :) I have heard of the legendary Berber hospitality and kindness, and happy to read it is true!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

When I go to my Post Office, I get hugs and invited into the back room for a glass of tea 

They're not hugging you affectionately, they are patting you down looking for pens and sweets!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, Kane said:

That's actually quite lovely. :) I have heard of the legendary Berber hospitality and kindness, and happy to read it is true!

Well, in some other places they tend to beat me with sticks, so it kind of balances out. ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

They're not hugging you affectionately, they are patting you down looking for pens and sweets!

Now you mention it I did lose a blue Bic and a packet of toffees last time I went. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

1 hour ago, VTinNorthAB said:

Maybe next time we do Christmas in July? Lol 

I do believe I mentioned sending out the packages in January to assure a smooth December delivery. Lol

Despite the one little "kink" , it went very well compared to the previous year.

Way to go Parker!!!!!

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I do believe I mentioned sending out the packages in January to assure a smooth December delivery. Lol

Despite the one little "kink" , it went very well compared to the previous year.

Way to go Parker!!!!!

It could be worse. I did a trade with John Brewer in August the package went all the way to the UK and never got delivered to him.  It finally came back to my house in late December.

I just dropped it at the post office today for it make its trip back to the UK.

• I found this Informative 3

Way to go Parker!!!!!

I do believe you did lol!  Twelve months of fossils!!! Bahahahaha. *On the 1st month of fossils...my buddy gave to meeee* :P

I didn’t participate last year but this year went amazingly smooth.  Parker you did an amazing job with everything!  Definitely will participate again next year!