Dewbunny

Ok,so I found this on the golf course yesterday. At first I thought it was a lost ball or egg but when I picked it up I was amazed. The was most likely dropped by a random egg eating animal/bird once it realized it wasn't editable. I can not say where it came from for sure because I often find things dropped by other animals,it could of been picked up literally anywhere within a 5 miles radius of my location. 

Any ideas?

(P.S. I did have to clean it,was caked with soft limestone like material)

20171122_113457.jpg

20171122_113506.jpg

20171122_113518.jpg

20171122_113522.jpg

20 minutes ago, Pachy said:

Coral, yes. Siderastrea looks like.

!!! In the golf course !!!. !!! Manda cojones !!!

Thank you for the direction. Is it fossil? There's no agatizing anywhere I can find.

And yes,on the golf course...

I've got a knack for finding fossils in odd places. Which is cool and not cool,makes it hard to identify when I have no idea where it originated.

Matter of fact, I bet some of ya'll are looking at landscaping rock a little more than ya use to. lol

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Dewbunny said:

Thank you for the direction. Is it fossil? There's no agatizing anywhere I can find.

Pfffff ..... no idea. Since it is decontextualized, difficult.
You can tell where the golf course is and maybe your american partners can draw some conclusion. They can know the area.

41 minutes ago, westcoast said:

Proof that golf balls evolved from corals.

It's a nice theory, I've seen worse.:hearty-laugh:

@Pachy again my bad,sry I'm new to this. I'm in Spring Hill FL. 34606. And I think my area is a mix of Oligocene Suwannee Limestone on the coast, Pleistocene/Holocene beach Ridge and dune directly under my feet and Miocene Hawthorn Group a mile or so east.

But this is self gathered information and is probably completely wrong. I'm kind guessing here.

Screenshot_2017-11-16-21-18-05.png

20 hours ago, Dewbunny said:

@Pachy again my bad,sry I'm new to this. I'm in Spring Hill FL. 34606. And I think my area is a mix of Oligocene Suwannee Limestone on the coast, Pleistocene/Holocene beach Ridge and dune directly under my feet and Miocene Hawthorn Group a mile or so east.

But this is self gathered information and is probably completely wrong. I'm kind guessing here.

Screenshot_2017-11-16-21-18-05.png

In the lithostratigraphic information provided by you there is a formation, Tamiami formation, where you can find fossil corals.
But I do not know your area at all. As I said, I think the advice of a participant who knows the area would be much more accurate.