Dantheman135

I am planning to go to post oak creek sometime this month. Is there any specific tools I should bring? I have done some research and have some ideas of what to bring but I would like some expert advice. Any other things I should know? 

Liquid, liquid, bug spray, liquid, sunscreen and liquid.

If You are collecting micro matrix -- a 1/4 inch screen box and buckets.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I’d suggest a screen sieve and a colander. There are a lot of micros there.

Some parts of the creek are very shady.

I have also found small echinoids above the creek in a layer with tan material.

I usually wear rubber boots to wade in the creek or some type of shoe I can get wet to move from one sand/gravel bar to the next. The creek can be very silty in some places depending upon which part you go to. So you can sink in the mud.

One more question, Is there a certain section of the creek that has more fossil than other parts? I was just going to go under the Travis Street bridge but there might be a better place.

4 hours ago, Dantheman135 said:

One more question, Is there a certain section of the creek that has more fossil than other parts? I was just going to go under the Travis Street bridge but there might be a better place.

Not familiar with the place, but creeks usually have things washing out up and downstream, so I'm not sure any one place would be any more fossiliferous than another. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Consider looking at satellite maps to find other access sites upstream within 2 miles. Fossils exist from Center St. to downstream of Travis Bridge. Fossils vary with streamflow and collecting pressure.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.