Seguidora-de-Isis

The year was 1993, the film Jurassic Park was about to be released ... The film sought to be as paleontological as possible (except for velociraptor size and Tyrannosaurus rex vision based on movement)... Very different from the current franchise that mixes the watermelon with the banana in the genetic blender forming the watermelonbananasaurus, which did not please me, and from this franchise, I never want to watch anything else! But of course, every person has a way of seeing things, and I respect it. If you like watermelonbananasaurus, what can I do? :dinothumb:

I was visiting the house of a great collector in Brazil ... Yes! The boy of the photo in 1993 is me! :blink: :rofl:

image.thumb.png.1d32318ef6f80f992a3bbe49383a453f.png

Just based on this photo, please, I have 2 questions and I thank all those who can help me with this great trilobita that I circled pink in the photo.

01. Does she seem to be real?
02 - At that time the fossils of Morocco were not as popular as they are today, so I do not think it is a Moroccan trilobite ... Can anyone overcome the challenge by trying to guess what specie it is?

But I'm already saying that this is not a test, because I do not know either! But it's a wonderful trilobite! :D

• I found this Informative 5

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Nice looking young boy.  The "challenge" is seeing your specimen so I took the liberty of lightening your photo for those that know bugs.   Can you take a better, closer photo of it by going to Brazil,  ha ha.  Not much detail in the photo.   Faking trilobites was not an issue back in 1993 so good chances it is real.  Matrix looks very real.  

image.thumb.png.1d32318ef6f80f992a3bbe49383a453f_20180817032402785.jpg.325b3c2a8a70a0dd5488a3eee5ef2c16.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

So all he really needs to do is hop in a time machine, go back in time, take a really good digital camera with him and take a picture of himself in 1993... and get a good shot of the trilobite, all while not creating a time/space paradox thus destroying the known universe by doing it.. Sounds fun! :headscratch:

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

My eyes went straight to the Mesosaurus in the background :rofl:

The trilobite looks like it might have some damage to the left side of the carapace, or it may just still be under the matrix. I would imagine if one was trying to fake a trilobite they would make it picture perfect. My guess would be its a real trilobite and a huge one at that.

Difficult to see the specimen, so challenge indeed. Judging by the overall shape and size could be one of the usually seen moroccan cambrian bugs (Gigantopygus, Eudolatites ... ?), although matrix seems not moroccan style cleaned, lucky split maybe. 

Courtesy of AMNH:

https://www.amnh.org/our-research/paleontology/paleontology-faq/trilobite-website/gallery-of-trilobites

gigantopygus-papillatus_pinboarditemoverlay.jpg

trilobite-dalmanitina-proaeva_pinboarditemoverlay.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

My dear friend @Tidgy's Dad!

Judging through your profile photo on Avatar, you lavish wisdom, experience and youth! I think that in 1993 you were not born yet :D, but even so, please, I ask you ... In 1993 was it already popular to sell trilobites in Morocco?

Big hug and thank you!

• I found this Informative 1

03.PNG

8 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice looking young boy...

...Faking trilobites was not an issue back in 1993 so good chances it is real.  Matrix looks very real. 

Thank you my dear friend Frank! Mama always said that I'm a beautiful boy! :blink: :rofl:

Well, actually, ever since the first collector in the world appeared, someone soon came up trying to fake something to profit from the collector... Yes, in 1993 the falsification of fossils was already a big problem... This supposed "Hypselosaurus Egg" in 1993 was already part of the collection of this same collector in Brazil...

image.png.839512935aff03e0b9ed880c811dfa4b.png

03.PNG

3 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

ll, actually, ever since the first collector in the world appeared, someone soon came up trying to fake something to profit from the collector... Yes, in 1993 the falsification of fossils was already a big problem... This supposed "Hypselosaurus Egg" in 1993 was already part of the collection of this same collector in Brazil...

My comments were directed at Morocco where faking trilobites has become a real problem in the last 15 years.

Hi

My freind Douglas the Trilobites looks good to me but I think your T shirt is not official Jurassic Part merchandise sorry to be the bearer  of bad news .:( 

F9F92D88-8F1F-46F7-A713-DE171412DCDF.jpeg

:D  :rofl:

21 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi

My freind Douglas the Trilobites looks good to me but I think your T shirt is not official Jurassic Part merchandise sorry to be the bearer  of bad news .:(

:D  :rofl:

Oh, yes, my dear friend Bobby. In South America, the T-shirts had prints different from the United States T-shirts... This T-shirt I bought at Cinema, when I first saw the film, and I remember that on the sticker of the shirt there was a holographic Official -JP stamp! I confess I went 2 more times to watch the movie again! :D

03.PNG

5 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Oh, yes, my dear friend Bobby. In South America, the T-shirts had prints different from the United States T-shirts... This T-shirt I bought at Cinema, when I first saw the film, and I remember that on the sticker of the shirt there was a holographic Official -JP stamp! I confess I went 2 more times to watch the movie again! :D

My deepest apologies it is a cool T shirt just joking with you . I think we had that T shirt in the Uk too. I like your photo.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

My deepest apologies it is a cool T shirt just joking with you . I think we had that T shirt in the Uk too. I like your photo.

Ha ha ha, no problem my dear friend Bobby. You know you can play with me, and I really like you! :D

Furthermore, supposing that the t-shirts that were sold by the theaters were not official, without problems, the "species" of dinosaurs that are currently exhibited in the new franchise, are also not anything official from a paleontological point of view. In my opinion, it has lost a lot of charm and grace, and in real life, dozens and more dozens of dinosaur species have been discovered that are much more interesting and could come to life in the franchise, attracting more young people to Palaeontology ... Species much more interesting than a watermelonbananasaurus ...

03.PNG

I remember that T shirt. I quite liked the new  film our friend had a small part in it so I got lots of behind screens photos sent to me. I real like monster movies and  just  go with the story but your right the did not need to make up Dinosaurs when they are many really cool dinosaurs not in the public eye.  

:D

Doesn't look like a Moroccan specimen to me, but can't make it out properly. 

Morocco became popular for fossils as far back as 1916 when Louis Gentil, a geologist,  found a trilobite on the runway at Casablanca airport!

But the large scale marketing and export really began in the 1980's and 1990' so i'm guessing the fakery started around the same time! 

Hello, my friend from so far away! :)

I was in Morocco, just as a tourist in the late 1980's and recall seeing some fakes, but i didn't know as much then and was not on a fossil buying trip, so didn't notice too much. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

18 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I remember that T shirt. I quite liked the new  film our friend had a small part in it so I got lots of behind screens photos sent to me. I real like monster movies and  just  go with the story but your right the did not need to make up Dinosaurs when they are many really cool dinosaurs not in the public eye.  

:D

Has anyone here at TFF had a small part in this movie? :blink:

Who? :o

I always found this raptor in the kitchen very much like our friend @Tidgy's Dad. Would not it have been our Moroccan friend who was there in the corner of the kitchen doing this little role of figurant? :rofl:

image.png.09183ae648c09b8c1efdae903d1d0b54.png

03.PNG

4 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

He was a marine and filmed it for 6 weeks in Hawaii .

D9403C6E-7C2C-4817-8CFF-CFB3C5196329.jpeg

F041119C-C2C5-4BAB-9BFA-25F6A903B34F.jpeg

FA5121CB-EC77-4E6E-A32E-AA03691AC265.jpeg

27DDB68F-8096-4D4F-9F65-B96396E54E90.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

I always found this raptor in the kitchen very much like our friend @Tidgy's Dad. Would not it have been our Moroccan friend who was there in the corner of the kitchen doing this little role of figurant? :rofl:

image.png.09183ae648c09b8c1efdae903d1d0b54.png

I played a Gallimimus . 

But there was a guy playing a raptor in the kitchen scenes. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

8 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I played a Gallimimus . 

But there was a guy playing a raptor in the kitchen scenes. 

Gallimimus?

How! I can imagine the difficulties of jumping like a gazelle, running, while a much larger animal is behind you trying to eat you. It must have been very challenging! Hahahahaha. :rofl:

Huge hug my dear friend @Tidgy's Dad, who lives so far! :wub:

image.png.4045ec41f94d22f3430a5abe5ea73c9e.png

03.PNG

5 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Gallimimus?

How! I can imagine the difficulties of jumping like a gazelle, running, while a much larger animal is behind you trying to eat you. It must have been very challenging! Hahahahaha. :rofl:

Huge hug my dear friend @Tidgy's Dad, who lives so far! :wub:

image.png.4045ec41f94d22f3430a5abe5ea73c9e.png

Aaaaahhhh! 

You spotted me!

It was a difficult role and required lots of rehearsal. 

Bu the  falling over a log was real.

Hugs back at you! :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

52 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I will be very happy when they develop a seedless watermelonbananasaurus. :D

I do not know not ... I heard some rumors that the next film from the franchise will be a terrifying Tyrannosaurus rex genetically mixed with soybeans, created by the Machiavellian Dr. Henry Wu. And the plot will revolve around the world's first transgenic Tyrannosaurus rex! :blink: :D

The transgenic soy is already terrifying, so imagine a Tyrannosoy transgenicrex! :rofl:

03.PNG