InfoHungryMom

I don't know, did you extracted it from the matrix?

really cool looking thing.

Curious to read what others have to say about that. :popcorn:

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Interesting. What do the other sides of the objects in the first photo look like?

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

The last photo is an oyster shell with a barnacle attached. Are the other two photos different sides of the same object?

Thank you for looking AND for asking!  As both a newbie AND a lover of all “beach bling”, I often worry that my questions and specimens/finds are too “elementary” AND too “elemental” AND definitely “mental” for my questions about “insufficiently fossilized” items!

You are ALL awesome, and I am thrilled (and impressed!) that members’ scientific interests and knowledge are unbelievably broad...  (and I kinda think my questions are good for comic relief!  A bit of “bubble gum” for the A.D.D. champions of the site (I am the self-proclaimed Queen of A.D.D.!))

E97A7A4D-14FC-425F-B4DD-04C22E47E772.jpeg

0F9A7A4B-EEAB-4F90-B7B9-E5250D285230.jpeg

22 minutes ago, InfoHungryMom said:

You are ALL awesome, and I am thrilled (and impressed!) that members’ scientific interests and knowledge are unbelievably broad...  (and I kinda think my questions are good for comic relief!  A bit of “bubble gum” for the A.D.D. champions of the site (I am the self-proclaimed Queen of A.D.D.!))

We all probably have a touch of ADD/ADHD at least when it comes to paleontology. At the minimun, we are an ADD/ADHD friendly site.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

:dinothumb:DPS, that’s why I love it here!  I hope that my “related but different” interests will give me the answers I have unsuccessfully sought for years, but that I can also contribute new perspectives for anyone interested!

There are multiple shells, including a possible ark or other bivalve, “conjoined”, but not in the standard way oysters do.  I also did not have any idea what the “round object” is.  I was fortunate to find it as you see, so I could ask the other questions... 1 question down, 20 to go!  :ighappy:

Is this flexible at all or is it hard as a rock? Does it float in water or does it sink? It reminds me of a plant node, similar to bamboo.

8BFAC895-93D7-4EDB-AB83-37668A4BFEB5.jpeg

7 hours ago, Al Dente said:

The last photo is an oyster shell with a barnacle attached.

That was my thought too when I saw it for the first time a few days back.  :)  link

The other specimen has nice "cirri" (or how to say?) all around the margin. Can wee see them in other pictures, Karen?

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Hi! That was two barnacle plates, over easy, with a side of chimichurri...?  

:raindance:

It has been a crazy weather day here in Maryland, and I own a business.  Yikes!

I texted @abyssunder-  I am looking for more items with those in them.  I did some minor research... I think they may be acorn barnacle plates.  They are “feather light”.  At the very top of the second image below, you can see a tiny bit of white... likely a piece of a barnacle!   

@Al Dente- thank you for the “wake-up call”!  

These are the originals 

9F22D649-62CC-46C4-9CD2-45D287B9350A.jpeg

FEBF9C86-59F7-479F-A900-87E77BBC0998.jpeg

I think the picture below explains what the specimen in question might be. :)

b.thumb.jpg.ef4269d71d97dc6443cccd30614f8874.jpg

picture from here

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library