Need Help

RJB

Hi my friends.   I need some help with this.  I have these books carved from moroccan limestone. What I want to do is find a place where I can make some lables and stick them onto these so that they look even more like real books.  You know, things like a title, the auther and even a library number and such thing like that.  Ive got my fingers crossed.  I have absolutly no idea to where I can find something like this?  Thank you

RB

DSCN1857.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

I think if you search "trophy plaques" on line, products can be designed to fit your needs! I have used Crown Awards many times and have been happy with their price and quality. If you call them, I am sure they can design what you want. Those books are some heavy reading!!!

Good Luck,

Mike

Another possible lead.

They do make self adhesive vinyl sheets that you can run through an inkjet printer to make custom stickers. They also have this in transparent styles but then it would be difficult to read any of the printing on the "books" that are black due to the lack of contrast and unavailability of "white" printer ink. It would take some design skills and experimentation to measure out and print a sticker that could be trimmed and stuck to the spine of the "book".

https://www.amazon.com/Inkjet-Glossy-Creative-Stickers-PPD036-20/dp/B000W4H63S

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

Hi Ron

This  is a gift from Mrs Rico a petrified piece of wood with an extract of one of my favourite poems scratched into the surface. A beautiful piece of art she got made. It is laser etched on to it or you can I think get it sand blasted too. If you did go down this direction you could then just add gold paint into the letters . 

That Silent Evening 

by Galway Kinnell

8F71DDDF-D613-4B45-B9DA-2DCF349C8B44.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

Any art supply store will carry a selection of letter/number templates or stickers. The stickers come in many colors and sizes.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

What a crazy and as it turns out, wonderful thing someone has done. I'd be satisfied with them as is. 

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

These books are really nice. I would leave them as they are at the outside and put the title, author etc. inside on the first page ;).

Franz Bernhard

1 hour ago, FranzBernhard said:

These books are really nice. I would leave them as they are at the outside and put the title, author etc. inside on the first page ;).

Franz Bernhard

Franz, these aren't real books with pages. They are just carved fossiliforus rock to look like books.

All label decoration will have to go on the outside.

Cool looking items!

Ron is getting ready to sit down to some "heavy" reading! :headscratch:

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 11/17/2018 at 6:03 AM, minnbuckeye said:

think if you search "trophy plaques" on line, products can be designed to fit your needs! I have used Crown Awards many times and have been happy with their price and quality. If you call them, I am sure they can design what you want. Those books are some heavy reading!!!

Thanks Mike

On 11/17/2018 at 6:06 AM, digit said:

They do make self adhesive vinyl sheets that you can run through an inkjet printer to make custom stickers. They also have this in transparent styles but then it would be difficult to read any of the printing on the "books" that are black due to the lack of contrast and unavailability of "white" printer ink. It would take some design skills and experimentation to measure out and print a sticker that could be trimmed and stuck to the spine of the "book".

This idea is great, but I dont have a printer and wasnt looking for a job.  Might be what I have to do though?

On 11/17/2018 at 6:09 AM, Kane said:

Those look very cool, Ron.

Ive always thought so.  Ive tried selling these in the past, but was asking too much and had no takers.  Now Im glad they didnt sell.  One is going to be a christmas gift.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, ynot said:

Any art supply store will carry a selection of letter/number templates or stickers. The stickers come in many colors and sizes.

Thanks Tony, not quite looking for this, but a good idea.

On 11/17/2018 at 7:06 AM, Bobby Rico said:

Also sign writers do vinyl letting or a company that do car graphics maybe ?

Another good idea, but the printer idea thing is what im leaning towards

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

Franz, these aren't real books with pages. They are just carved fossiliforus rock to look like books.

All label decoration will have to go on the outside.

Cool looking items!

Thanks caldigger.

RB