Dactylioceras ammonite: glue?

Does the green stuff look like glue to you?  Any way to tell if it is just repaired or a composite?

Edit: seller confirmed that he though it was glue also, though he did not know if it was  repaired or a composite.

amm 1.jpg

amm 2.jpg

I see the greenish area you mentioned. Since you say your were looking at the plate from Germany I assume these are seller pictures. Can you request to get a closeup picture of that greenish area and around the other sides of the seam as well? 

It does seem suspicious as far as a possible glue/epoxy joint (IMO), but can’t say for sure. Also hard to determine with these pics if it was just repaired or composite (if it actually is a glue joint...)

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

It looks like the whole plate has been coated. I wonder if the coating reacted with the glue/putty turning it that green color.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Looks like a block from Schlaifhausen. These things are a dime a dozen, so if anything, the small one has just been glued back into place in my opinion. Dunno what might cause the green color, though. Could even be moss.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

It looks like the whole plate has been coated. I wonder if the coating reacted with the glue/putty turning it that green color.

Now that you mention it, I do see the coating. Maybe you are right. Could have just been repaired and the coating reacted with the glue, or something was under that fossil and didn’t get cleaned off very well. Sealed in with the coating maybe?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.7.2019 at 7:58 PM, Ludwigia said:

Looks like a block from Schlaifhausen. These things are a dime a dozen, so if anything, the small one has just been glued back into place in my opinion. Dunno what might cause the green color, though. Could even be moss.

Exact. This is what I'm thinking, too.

IMO not a nice piece - not a good preparation methinks.