Adhesives and Consolidants for Fossil Prep

DPS Ammonite

My guide for the best fossil consolidant and adhesive resources. Please let me know if you find any better ones to add to the list.

"Understanding and Use of Adhesives" by Amy Davidson, (AMNH), series of videos by Association for Materials & Methods in Paleontology

LINK

Davidson, A. and S. Alderson. 2009. An introduction to solution and reaction adhesives for fossil preparation. In: Methods In Fossil Preparation: Proceedings of the First Annual Fossil Preparation and Collections Symposium, pp 53-62. Brown, M.A., Kane, J.F., and Parker, W.G. Eds. 

LINK

Davidson, A. and G. Brown, 2012. ParaloidTM B-72: Practical Tips for the Vertebrate Fossil Preparator. 2012 Collection Forum 26 (1-2): 99-119. 

LINK

Where to buy consolidants/adhesives: 

LINK

• I found this Informative 3

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Kudos to Dr Davidson for her dogged adherence in finding solutions to a sticky problem. Her sticktoitiveness is a an example we should cling to and not part from. She's a goo guru. My eyes were glued to the page as I read. There was no mucilaginous obfuscation to gum up her message. I have become an adherent to her methods! Don't be stuck in your old ways - check this out!

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

9 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Kudos to Dr Davidson for her dogged adherence in finding solutions to a sticky problem. Her sticktoitiveness is a an example we should cling to and not part from. She's a goo guru. My eyes were glued to the page as I read. There was no mucilaginous obfuscation to gum up her message. I have become an adherent to her methods! Don't be stuck in your old ways - check this out!

I feel sick...:faint:

• I found this Informative 1