Big Tooth

megateeth

First off Tracer thanks for the message. I just saw it today. I forget what the number next to my profile means.

Today I was diving on a hard bottom that I dive very often. Most of the time I just find small teeth here that are uncovered. I decided to dive there because the current has slowed and I finally have 6" of vis again so I wanted to go where I did not have to dig. I was swimming along and this tooth was laying right on the hard bottom. I could not believe it when I saw it laying there because it was too big for the current to drag in and the hard bottom does not usually change enough to fully expose something like this. I just stared at it a it for a minute before picking it up.

It measures just under 6-1/2" (6.45"). It is in great condition with the exception of a few small nicks in the blade. I found a few other teeth worth showing but I have not even looked at any of them today. I am still enjoying this one.

post-1309-12586867055337_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12586867142475_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12586867418822_thumb.jpg

Edited by megateeth

That tooth is flippin' FANTASTIC!!!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Dude! FOTM!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

megateeth now you have done it out did your self awesome tooth that needs to be cleaned up and entered in the fossil of the month for nov 2009, nice tooth man love it

Ok, now I really need scuba gear ;) I am seriously going to go get some; I just don't know what to pick :wacko:

Thread to me asking about scuba in case you didn't see :D

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9951&view=&hl=scuba&fromsearch=1

What's with the new BCD with the weights in them. Can you drop your weights in an emergency?

That is a beautiful tooth BTW!!! :wub:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Wow

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Ok, now I really need scuba gear ;) I am seriously going to go get some; I just don't know what to pick :wacko:

Thread to me asking about scuba in case you didn't see :D

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9951&view=&hl=scuba&fromsearch=1

What's with the new BCD with the weights in them. Can you drop your weights in an emergency?

That is a beautiful tooth BTW!!! :wub:

I will look at that. Between work and diving I miss a lot of posts. The integrated BCDs are the way to go IMO. You can drop the weights but it is a little harder than dropping a belt. The thing is it takes the weight off of your lower back when you are diving. I put 60% of the weights in the jacket and 40% on the belt. In an emergency I can drop the belt and I am positive with the dry suit. I could still drop the weights in the jacket if I needed to.

I will look at that. Between work and diving I miss a lot of posts. The integrated BCDs are the way to go IMO. You can drop the weights but it is a little harder than dropping a belt. The thing is it takes the weight off of your lower back when you are diving. I put 60% of the weights in the jacket and 40% on the belt. In an emergency I can drop the belt and I am positive with the dry suit. I could still drop the weights in the jacket if I needed to.

No worries. ;) Just shoot me a pm when you get the time. :) There are just SO many ways to customize this thing. :blink: I'd like the most bang for my buck though :D

Again, awesome tooth!!! :wub:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

that's just one very attractive tooth. the shape and dimensions of it are exactly what i like. i would buy one like that, but it would just end up in tj's collection and then i wouldn't have either the tooth or the money. but wow. makes me feel silly for being scared of little old modern bullsharks.

That is awesome! I am confident that you will find an even bigger one. Thanks for posting. You have got me excited to go hunting this weekend even though I don't stand much of a chance of finding one near that size. It keeps my hopes up though.

Pentax Optio W60

Donny Osmond would trade his front teeth for that one!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Kleenex, paper towels, yeah, yeah...whoa, WAIT! Is that a scale reference in Bill's photo?! Pass 'em here when you're done, Brad. I need a moment....

:P

From what I've learned here, a meg over 6" is select company. You make it look easy Bill, but my better judgement suggests otherwise. Great discovery.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ