Suitable scribe?

Pterygotus

Hi, sorry to bother you guys with another prep question but I recently saw this scribe and am wondering if it’s suitable for fossil prep. I think it’s the Gison GP940 and is labelled as suitable fossil prep by the seller. It has a stroke speed of 34000 bpm and I think it could be an ARO clone. 
Here it is :) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gison-Air-Pneumatic-Engraving-Stylus/dp/B01N6793DP

Thanks.

It is a clone (as the originals arent being made) but like I said in another thread, its the exact item being sold under many different labels.  For the price, I think its a great starter unit.  

• I found this Informative 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

As the review states, it appears to be a good unit, but would need more/different tips to be more useful.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That will be a good starter scribe. Paleo Tools sells a replacement bushing that is easy to change which will convert this scribe to use their longer styli. The stock stylus will be serviceable while you learn to use the scribe though. I used the stock stylus on my first Aro for years before I decided to replace it with the longer Paleo Tools stylus.

4 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

That will be a good starter scribe. Paleo Tools sells a replacement bushing that is easy to change which will convert this scribe to use their longer styli. The stock stylus will be serviceable while you learn to use the scribe though. I used the stock stylus on my first Aro for years before I decided to replace it with the longer Paleo Tools stylus.

Thanks

55 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Would that be the paleoaro :)?

No. They sell the bushing for the ARO front end and the stylus separately. Their website doesn’t show it IIRC. Just send Brook an email and ask about it. She will send you the info directly.