Fish in the Rock

Diverboone

1 hour ago, TqB said:

I haven't a clue what that means! :D:headscratch:

Tree felling terms. I believe it's a reference to overall size not being a problem, unless it's the size of a large tree leaning at that angle.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

2 hours ago, TqB said:

I haven't a clue what that means! :D:headscratch:

If a large tree is leaning heavily to one side the normal method of cutting it can be dangerous because the tree can split/break flying up over and off every which way. What you do is cut through the center of the tree leaving a hinge on the lean toward side and a trigger on the tensile side to be cut last

• I found this Informative 2

I believe Rockwood posted a reply meant for somewhere else. He’s referencing a method to safely fall a hard leaning tree. I would assume rocks and wood must be 2 of his hobbies. 

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Diverboone said:

I believe Rockwood posted a reply meant for somewhere else. He’s referencing a method to safely fall a hard leaning tree. I would assume rocks and wood must be 2 of his hobbies. 

Just saying I agree in a bit more colorful way. :)

• I found this Informative 2

11 hours ago, Rockwood said:

If a large tree is leaning heavily to one side the normal method of cutting it can be dangerous because the tree can split/break flying up over and off every which way. What you do is cut through the center of the tree leaving a hinge on the lean toward side and a trigger on the tensile side to be cut last

Thank you, very useful knowledge. :)

Tarquin