Order out of Chaos

Kane

1 hour ago, Malcolmt said:

Make sure you are wearing an N95 mask when you are abrading in there especially if the shop vac is inside the containment area..... You can always remember my suggestion to use a hose to vent the shop vac out that window or door leading to the back patio

Definitely (and a hose for the shop vac is on the shopping list, and it will vent out the cat door).

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Just make sure you don't blow away the cat while you're at it :P

:default_rofl:

No worries, there! They tend to disappear when I'm working due to the noise. I just have to enter the area, and they scram. :P 

• I found this Informative 1

So now that you're getting it all organized, how long will it be before you can't find something?

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

4 minutes ago, daves64 said:

So now that you're getting it all organized, how long will it be before you can't find something?

Maybe a month. I generally blame all disorder and disarray on a rare and mischievous breed of 'Prep Lab Entropy Gremlins' that only I can see. :P:D 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Maybe a month. I generally blame all disorder and disarray on a rare and mischievous breed of 'Prep Lab Entropy Gremlins' that only I can see. :P:D 

I refer to those as "undergrads"...even in my home lab...;)

4 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

I refer to those as "undergrads"...even in my home lab...;)

LOL, but those I can hear. "Profetthah, what is the absolute minimum word count for the report? Can I have an extension? Will you read five drafts of it before I submit?" :P 

4 hours ago, Kane said:

LOL, but those I can hear. "Profetthah, what is the absolute minimum word count for the report? Can I have an extension? Will you read five drafts of it before I submit?" :P 

Odd...All I hear is an excruciating whine, like a giant mosquito when they are near.

In all seriousness however, the main source of chaos is Carlos the unwonder pug related, hence why I have never shared photos of that particular landfill.

40 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

the main source of chaos is Carlos the unwonder pug related, hence why I have never shared photos of that particular landfill.

You sure?

image.png.f4591d4f0324640e3c9433ff0d87d1b7.png

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

1 hour ago, Top Trilo said:

You sure?

image.png.f4591d4f0324640e3c9433ff0d87d1b7.png

Thats the living room...the lab/prep/art room is a disaster area!