Just bought a batch of study grade Gerastos trilobites just want to make sure there real

Georgemckenzie

Hiya everyone I recently got 20 study grade Gerastos trilobites they were quite cheap so I got them to give as gifts and to practice getting the matrix smooth with prep some help to tell if there real would be great thanks 

219C4617-5466-4B38-A076-016615D86C76.png

The photos aren't good enough to see much detail, but this species is so common that they're not worth faking, particularly when the quality is as poor as they appear to be.

• I found this Informative 4

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Just now, Ludwigia said:

The photos aren't good enough to see much detail, but this species is so common that they're not worth faking, particularly when the quality is as poor as they appear to be.

Thanks for the reply and yeah sorry for the photos best I can get till they get here and yeah just making sure only get them really to practice smoothing out the matrix and as gifts 

2 minutes ago, Georgemckenzie said:

Thanks for the reply and yeah sorry for the photos best I can get till they get here and yeah just making sure only get them really to practice smoothing out the matrix and as gifts 

Then the investment appears to be worth it for your purposes.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

2 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Then the investment appears to be worth it for your purposes.

Yeah they were really inexpensive won’t say prices but for what they cost it definitely was worth it for practice and for gifts