How's everyone's day going so far? It's not even 9am yet for me, and, already, I've smashed a plate and trashed my shoes...

So I was just making breakfast, y'know, as, uhhh, people do, and, I dropped the plate... Oops? As you can imagine, this didn't go down well with the others in the house, and, it went down even worse when I started taking pictures of the break... It's not my fault it showed conchoidal fracture! I figured you guys might like to laugh at my idiocy, so here's the pictures:

602cd98b2f82f_IMG_20210217_0839013512.thumb.jpg.4dd1fa807af3df0d742df6c77c74cd52.jpg602cd98c3c648_IMG_20210217_0838550322.thumb.jpg.1de6ba2e1282d5e31dfbf2539fd6666a.jpg

Oh, almost forgot about the shoes! So, they're bright white trainers (sneakers), and, uhm, it was muddy outside, and I wore them instead of wellies (rain boots)... Yay me! They're in the washing machine now, oopsie daisy...

On a happier note, I've ordered an adaption cable for my dad's old Commodore Vic-20... That's right, this bad boy:

vic20.2.png.feaa19b525ccda153e656d34344f9d11.png

Apparently, my dad used to code in this, in Basic - I learnt this fact years after I got into programming... Must run in the family!

Feel free to share your stories, preferably featuring breaks so I can feel better about myself! 

Stay safe all, cheers :D

• Enjoyed 1

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

1 minute ago, LabRatKing said:

So you were chipping away and got and will be able to play Oregon Trail?

If I can find the games for it, maybe he has that? We'll see... :P

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

3 minutes ago, IsaacTheFossilMan said:

If I can find the games for it, maybe he has that? We'll see... :P

oh, Oregon Trail is the classic on all old school systems. I had it for both my Atari 800 and my Commodore 64.

that was back when one cold get a paperback book with a dozen or so games in it...all one had to do was type every line of Basic in to play. Rich people could hold their deck into a cassette recorder and save it on a 90 minute TDK tape ( one half each side) or on a seven MHC floppy to play later!

1 minute ago, LabRatKing said:

oh, Oregon Trail is the classic on all old school systems. I had it for both my Atari 800 and my Commodore 64.

Oregon-Trail.jpg

:P 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

20 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

that was back when one cold get a paperback book with a dozen or so games in it...all one had to do was type every line of Basic in to play. Rich people could hold their deck into a cassette recorder and save it on a 90 minute TDK tape ( one half each side) or on a seven MHC floppy to play later!

Oh, I know, I'll have to get it!

18 minutes ago, Kane said:

Oregon-Trail.jpg

:P 

That's referenced in goodness knows how many games... :BigSmile:

Last night, I broke my gravy bowl. It was older than my daughter who is 44. We were in the middle of a snow storm, looking like we lived inside a snow globe that was being turned constantly. Arkansas gets snow but not like this stuff with minus temperatures. So our pipes froze and I was cooking and made some very nice gravy. Since I am vertically challenged, I usually call my husband to get stuff on the higher shelves but he was busy trying to thaw pipes. So I used the broom, handle side, to scoot the bowl to the edge and I was going to catch it with one hand. Well, the disaster waiting to happen, happened, and gravy bowl is now history. Pipes are still frozen but the snowing has stopped. We will have 60 degree F weather Friday. Arkansas has snow and ice the  first part of the week and then it’s summer.  Well 60 isn’t exactly summer but I’ll take it. Hope you all are staying warm 

Here in San Diego we had an Earthquake yesterday! It was not a bad one; it felt more like the ground was vibrating than shaking. It was a bit unexpected, though. :)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Here in San Diego we had an Earthquake yesterday! It was not a bad one; it felt more like the ground was vibrating than shaking. It was a bit unexpected, though. :)

Reports say that it was not an earthquake. Maybe a plane or military explosives. If a plane, arrival times of the wave could determine the direction and speed of a possible supersonic plane. A top secret US spy plane was flying around Los Angeles and other parts of California in the 90s going Mach several. The government denied that it was a plane going that fast. Seismic stations measured its speed and traced its path to a top secret US base in Nevada. 

I wonder if a plane accidentally broke the speed of sound or one of our planes designed not to create a sonic boom created one. Stay tuned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/unexplained-shaking-boom-reported-across-san-diego-county/2523225/%3ffbclid=IwAR0ydsDYkcQctnN7_8vaBv5B8KQVJXrOp3SpjLJiodjFhe4HTQKs94xxrpM&amp

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

5 hours ago, jeannie55 said:

Last night, I broke my gravy bowl. It was older than my daughter who is 44. We were in the middle of a snow storm, looking like we lived inside a snow globe that was being turned constantly. Arkansas gets snow but not like this stuff with minus temperatures. So our pipes froze and I was cooking and made some very nice gravy. Since I am vertically challenged, I usually call my husband to get stuff on the higher shelves but he was busy trying to thaw pipes. So I used the broom, handle side, to scoot the bowl to the edge and I was going to catch it with one hand. Well, the disaster waiting to happen, happened, and gravy bowl is now history. Pipes are still frozen but the snowing has stopped. We will have 60 degree F weather Friday. Arkansas has snow and ice the  first part of the week and then it’s summer.  Well 60 isn’t exactly summer but I’ll take it. Hope you all are staying warm 

Aw no! Are you sure there's not some salvageable material inside it? Kintsugi comes to mind, but I certainly don't have any gold... :BigSmile:

5 hours ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Oh, no! Living across the pond, I have no idea how an earthquake feels... Can't imagine it'd be fun though :(

4 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

An update is badly needed:

Image result for oregon trail meme

Hahahaha, that's hilarious!

4 hours ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Reports say that it was not an earthquake. Maybe a plane or military explosives. If a plane, arrival times of the wave could determine the direction and speed of a possible supersonic plane. A top secret US spy plane was flying around Los Angeles and other parts of California in the 90s going Mach several. The government denied that it was a plane going that fast. Seismic stations measured its speed and traced its path to a top secret US base in Nevada. 

I wonder if a plane accidentally broke the speed of sound or one of our planes designed not to create a sonic boom created one. Stay tuned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/unexplained-shaking-boom-reported-across-san-diego-county/2523225/%3ffbclid=IwAR0ydsDYkcQctnN7_8vaBv5B8KQVJXrOp3SpjLJiodjFhe4HTQKs94xxrpM&amp

Think it might've been an alien... Joking joking, I'm sure it's nothing people :)